Out in the sun today

More threads by BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I spent a very fruitful day driving in the sun today; 3 of us - one Jaguar XK120 drophead, an early Porsche Spyder fitted with a 911 motor and Mr Fast and Furious. Great fun and Mr Fast and Furious acquitted himself very well indeed with the competition - he certainly had the Jaguar driver wishing he owned such a sharp-handling and free-revving motor. Not a Benz in sight .....
The Bentley Straight 6 did not make the starting gate due to a fuel leak.
Nice way to spend a Saturday (and only Mr F and F had working aircon :D)
Regards,
Brian
Ps: Where's Motec? So many runs on the board but nothing since morning tea....

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Sounds like a good day!
last weekend I was able to take out my 250SE for a long drive around berowra, dural, up the old northern road through glenorie etc which was very nice.

Today have been cleaning up the office space above the warehouse I keep my cars in for re-letting.

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I would be keen, but would need a bit of notice to book it in.
I'm away early march.

We should agree a route (or at least a general district) first so the right car can be selected on the day

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Depending on the day, the movement of the sun and the trajectory of the moon, without forgetting the weather, I'm keen :D

sean sherry

Master
One of the best drives I can recommend is from Oberon to the Highway just past Katoomba. Can't remember exactly where it joins it. Beautiful countryside
and quick flowing Roads. Maybe Bathurst overnight with a visit to the excellent Car Museum at the Race Circuit.
I plan to go in the week of the 20th on, to catch up with some old friends from my Vintage Motorcycling Days. They hold a week long Rally there each year located at the Caravan Park as you come into Bathurst. If little Wifey declines the offer I'll stretch the legs of the 6 speed manual Turbo Golf back via Oberon.

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
One of the best drives I can recommend is from Oberon to the Highway just past Katoomba. Can't remember exactly where it joins it. Beautiful countryside
and quick flowing Roads. Maybe Bathurst overnight with a visit to the excellent Car Museum at the Race Circuit.
I plan to go in the week of the 20th on, to catch up with some old friends from my Vintage Motorcycling Days. They hold a week long Rally there each year located at the Caravan Park as you come into Bathurst. If little Wifey declines the offer I'll stretch the legs of the 6 speed manual Turbo Golf back via Oberon.
That's the spirit Sean!
Regards,
Brian

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Looks like a good drive. I'm keen to do this. Just so happens that my wife and daughter already made plans for the Sun 3rd of April so anyone else free that day to come along?

I was thinking of taking Bells line of road up and then joining the road Sean suggests. I would be starting out in Brookvale, but windsor might be a good point to meet up with others coming from other parts of the City. Probably get an early start and then have the day to explore the area.

At this point I would probably take my Jag.

Bryce

abl567

Super Moderator
I'm also good for those dates, and keen to come along:cool:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That date was worth a try as i know I will be available.

How about the 16th or 17th, 30th or 1st of may?

I'll have to decline, I'm afraid.
March/April and May will see me in and out of the country. :(

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Whilst we most certainly moss you Michel I do think we should proceed with this - I can include a friend whose Burnt Orange 3500 shows on C107's blog - and maybe we can round up a couple more ...
Regards,
Brian

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Whilst we most certainly moss you Michel I do think we should proceed with this - I can include a friend whose Burnt Orange 3500 shows on C107's blog - and maybe we can round up a couple more ...
Regards,
Brian

agreed. Perhaps we can have another drive day later in the year and then Michel can join us.

So far we have three and there is plenty of time for a few more to come.

Here are some suggestions about logistics: Happy to amend based on feedback.

Date: Sunday, May 1 (may day)
Meeting Location: Hawkesbury Tourism Visitor Information Centre. There is a carpark there and it is big enough that we can easily wait. It is opposite richmond air force base.
Meeting time: 9:30am for a 10am departure.
Route: Up bells line of road and then to Oberon

Attendees so far:
C107
BenzBoy
Abl567

Maybe:
Mr Orange 3500

c107

and 111/116/124/126
That's a good plan - Richmond is about 70kms from here so I'll need to bring a packed lunch just for that part of the trip....

I'm going to leave early and take the scenic route through galston gorge etc to Richmond. I'm on the northern beaches and taking the M2 is a bit boring.

Its about 2 hours from richmond to oberon so we can get a proper lunch there and work out what everyone wants to do in the afternoon

sean sherry

Master
And me to,
the merry month of May is a very good choice.
The 17th of March would have been a good Green day as well.