Electronic Injectors

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
:confused:Sorting my new acquisition.... another W204. Brake fluid had never been changed. There is no external Fuel Filter it's part of the Fuel Pump.
C Class 250 doesn't fell like it has the performance/drivability of the W204 C200. Same 75000 Ks
I wonder if the injectors are possibly gummed up somewhat. I don't know what petrol had been used in the Car.

Do Injector Cleaning Additives work ??? I can't get a definitive answer.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I am not surprised that you can't get a definitive answer.
Ask MB, and I will bet you that thy will say never to use fuel additives, probably advise you that an unknown solvent may risk fuel line seals.
Ask a fuel additive supplier, and expect that they say that you should.

Before pulling solenoid injectors out for cleaning, you need to be reasonably sure that clogged injectors are causing the problem.
Ask anonomously a fuel injector cleaning service, and describe your problem. You may glean at least a slightly better understanding of the problem.

At this stage there is the possibility that poor acceleration may have some other cause.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Use exclusive Brand of petrol to clean your engine !! :confused:Direction injection Fuel goes nowhere near the inlet tract or Valve. I read that there are the same additives in the low grades as in premium.The only difference is in the burn rate

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes the poor acceleration seems to be cured by changing the Air Filter.
The History of the regular Services say that each year the Pollen Filter and the` Air Filters were cleaned !! Both were dirty and looked like the originals. These Fibre Filters are replacement items only.. can't be cleaned. Coupled with the Brake fluid not ever being changed ?????
At least the Oil and Filter were changed each year. All that glistens is not Gold !:(