dribbling injectors

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Where can I buy new injectors for K Jetronic in my Sl 280 "81. They are different for the various models. No luck as yet on the net.
Some of the injectors don't shut closed on switch off, i.e., they dribble into the manifold, resulting in a 4 or 5 cyl. start up when hot. Clears when the throttle is opened with revs. Injector cleaner is only a short term fix. And they are possibly the origonal ones.
.....Sean

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
As I understand it, the mechanical injectors for K Jetronic are a standard design, and are common for a range of European fuel injected cars of this period.

AS such, I have seen the injectors from a Volvo and my 6.9, and they look identical. They are a standard Bosch design.
Best off buying a new set.
Being mechanical and not electronic, they cost only a fraction of of the price of electronic injectors.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Thanks for that , they were my thoughts as well till I found different part numbers for various Mercedes models. Would not the nossle size be matched to a particular cylinder capacity ? Did you obtain yours Genuine or after market ? Sean

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Part no. 0000785623 is correct for SL 280 "81 No luck yet with a local source and not game to ask a Dealer $ $ $. I now understand that there are two thread types fine and course. Also, I now believe the other important difference between different makes and models is the release pressure of the injector. Any old injector that screws in is not necessarly correct. They are available for $33 each plus $40 postage from the States. Much deared from Germany.

260ebenz

Master
Hello Sean,

If you contact Silver Star Spares speak to Andrew in the Parts Dept.

Cheers.

260ebenz

Master
Hello Sean,

If you contact Silver Star Spares speak to Andrew in the Parts Dept.

Cheers.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Changed the injectors today, didn't notice much difference in driving, even though they looked very, very sad ! But just as well as the sealing O Rings snapped like dry twigs. Obtained them from Fry's Spares in Crows Nest, Sydney , cheaper than the best internet or local price. $33.95 each. For Geniune Bosch. ......Sean