Dyno results now in motec 6.9

More threads by motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi guys after to long and to much money my 6.9 is now running David at TRG has emailed me dyno results which with some help i may be able to post after spending close to $4000 on exhaust and custom extractors $3200 on motec m48pro computer and $7000 on fuel rails, injectors ,fuel regulators, distributor pick up and crank angle sensors plus other bits and pieces i mutst say i am a little bit disapointed with the results last time it was on a dyno my 6.9 made 164kw at the rear wheels with a burnt exhaust valve and down on compression on 2 cylinders this time with a healthy motor with good compression it made wait for it 218.9 hp at the rear wheels or 163.5 kw at the rear wheels:( but the interesting thing is that it flat lined and made that power over 1300rpm that was with the standard 75mm throttle body which i have been told is the reason for the flat power curve but i was keen to have it running after 5 long years so we will see what happens when i get to modify the intake and put larger throttle body on motor as i believe that is where the restriction is looking forward to picking it up at the begining of next week as i am home this weekend and taking to paint shop before i fly out for work again at the end of next week:)

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
hi guys further to yesterdays post i have called david at TRG and will be seeing him on monday to try and find a solution to my reluctant motor as in how to improve the power out put i have allready purchased a msd ignition system which is to be fitted in the future but with a throttle body that is no bigger than a v6 holden i and David believe that is the first thing to tackle in my quest for power the plan still is to finish my original motor before the end off the year as i allready have the heads done and they have been ported and polished with thinner valve stems fitted as the exhaust stem is 11mm in diameter now has 6mm exhaust valve stem and 5mm intake over 9mm original intake stem size motor is at southside engines in Perth are having crank offset ground to increase ingine size with custom rods and pistons to be fitted and compression to be increased to over 10 to 1 so airflow problem does need to be fixed before then and thanks to Cam i will be able to get high lift cams for motor:D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I was reading in another post (6.9 for sale) that Cam had a modified 560SEL intake... maybe that is the way to go, or simply modify your 6.9 unit.

In any case, please keep us posted

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi michel i have been talking to Cam about his manifold so we will see what happens:D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
hi guys my car is now at home awaiting me to return home in mid August so i can see what needs to be done as i was only home for 4 days before leaving for work in the Kimberly's i need to register the car so it is cheaper to move from workshop to workshop the current motor is only till i finish the good motor with ported heads but car is going to paintshop first as to finding out horsepower reading we will see but torque was massive over 600nm for most of the rev range but the car is LOUD 106db so that will need to be seen to:D PS sound system when fitted to my xd recorded 142db in summernats sound off gear fitted by bdl in Canberra