history of motec 6.9

More threads by motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Ok here we go i bought my silver with blue interior 6.9 in canberra in 2000 im the third owner originally sold to allens lollies in sydney 12.78 chassis #4895 it is fitted with 17x8 inch csa vip alloys has a 1200watt alpine sound system from one of my old cars when i used to compete in sound offs at the summernats it was on strait gas when i bought it. It had 15 inch steel rims with w126 300sel plastic hub caps had haltec f10 fuel only computer fitted by albert in bungendore nsw in 2001 when it became the only 6.9 in woomera sa .I then had stereo fitted in adeliade in 2003 by complete audio vip wheels were also fitted at this time as well as custom made extractors and duel 3 inch exhuast by exhuast tech adeliade and 4 new strutts spheres and steering box at f wann motors south tce adeliade.In the middle of 2003 came to perth had motec m48pro compter fitted at jordan rover tech bentley wa drove for a while fitted oznos fogger nos kit from another old car of mine did 13.1 kwinana beach drags in perth with 150hp shot got greedy put 300hp pills in had fuel lean out and burnt vavles in feb 2005 and car has sat at home since till this week had final order fix or get rid of it.:D

What a story!
Welcome to the Forum (again)
So.... Are you fixing it? and how?

John S

What are these 300HP pills that you used? I did not know there was such a thing, sounds a little like the "Tin" inline lead replacement marketing to me.

TJ 450

John,

They are nozzles that control the quantity of nitrous oxide injected into the system.

Of course, nitrous is like a drug for cars, too. :D

Tim

Styria

The Godfather
It would seem that Motec69 is pursuing a most ambitious programme as far as mechanical work and refurbishment are concerned. I have reason to believe that, presently, some very knowledgeable engineers are putting the final touches to recondition and modify the engine. It should be quite a "rocket" when it is all done.

It would also appear that an engine management system has been/or is being installed and I am certainly looking forward to progress reports from Motec69. Also, welcome to topklasse. Regards Styria

John S

Oh boy, once you run Nitrous Oxide you need a LOT more fuel or you burn the valves very quickly!!

SELfor50

Oh boy, once you run Nitrous Oxide you need a LOT more fuel or you burn the valves very quickly!!

Not necessarily. In the case of motec his fuel filter got blocked and he didn't have a fuel pressure reg (aftermarket motorsport type) in place. And half way down a drag strip that's obviously important.

Geoff, you can correct me if i'm wrong.

Realistically you don't need that much more fuel, you just need to ensure it's constant pressure etc.. and with motec6.9's setup he also has EFI so fuel levels aren't an issue they're all mapped. From what he's said though, it was just a blockage which was un-fortunate.

I'm still extremely keen to see some pics of that setup motec6.9, see how you go with uploading them at some point. :)

Cam.

Styria

The Godfather
Not too sure of what to make of this post. Is Geoff talking about a car different to Memnoch, Milan Brown in colour, and I wonder if he has recommenced his efforts in finishing off the car which, I believe, is still in Perth with the Panel Beaters. Maybe if Geoff reads this post (thread), he might be able to bring us up to date. Something tells me, and I am not certain why, that Bill our doctor in WA and unfortunately no longer with us, he may have had some involvement with the purchase of a 6.9 that may have belonged to Geoff. Also, I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of Bill's 6.9 whereabouts. Regards Styria