Prodigal Son

Attachments

• 04092009170.jpg
    04092009170.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi i have finally figure out how this works i have posted my 6.9 on a flat bed truck on its way to the workshop i will be going to see peter tomorrow to see how work is getting on ps photo is in the gallery as well

Don't they look great when they are sooooooo low:D

Nice shot.... thanks

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:
OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Attachments

• 04092009173.jpg
    04092009173.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 30
  • 18122009192.jpg
    18122009192.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 26
  • 18122009195.jpg
    18122009195.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

SELfor50

Great pic mate!! Glad to finally see the beast. :)
Like the wheels, it's almost like I'm looking at a photo of my own car. I got hammer copy's, silver... not quite as low though. ;)

Looking forward to seeing some snaps of the engine room.
Goldie 2 looks like she needs some lovin'. Engine bay looks not too bad for the km's though. Is that the engine you're going to use for the next 6months till your other engine is finished?

Cam.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

SELfor50

Yes that is the motor once my good motor goes back in i will have a spare to put into something else i guess .Good number plate by the way i have the choise of 2 plates i have the one that is on the xr8 MEMNOCH google it or MOTEC6.9:D

Memnoch: The fallen angel of legend. He has long defied God in asking why humans should suffer and not immediately be placed in Heaven. Because of these questions and other actions that he makes, he alleges that he is put in charge of preparing the souls for their ascent into Heaven. Memnoch's domain thus serves as a place of punishment that will eventually earn access to Heaven. He may have sinister ulterior motives.

Hahah... nice.

Personally, I'd go with Motec6.9
But the Memnoch one is pretty sweet.

I forgot to ask, are you getting any custom manifold(s) made during the re-build of the weapon engine??

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

SELfor50

Im still working that out i would like to but the prices i have been quoted .We will have to see but i think i will have to bite the bullet seeing as im going this far with the motor:D

Give me a call when you get a moment.. cause whatever prices you've been quoted - if they're gonna make 2 of them it might make it cheaper. ;)
And if it's going to be a quality EFI manifold and possibly able to be adjusted to forced induction applications I'll grab 1 or 2 as well. :eek: :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

SELfor50

spoke to southside eniges today they are of he opinion that i really must make custom intake for the motor will get prices done when the motor gets closer to being finnished :D

Awesome, give me a call as soon as you know the prices...should be cheaper if you're going to get a couple made I'd imagine.
Will the custom intake be capable of plumbing say... a turbo straight to it? :rolleyes:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

SELfor50

Will keep that in mind from what they are talking about it sounds as though they want to make a manifold similar to the C.O.M.E google them manifold with the throttle bodie at the front hope that helps i thought of maybe a rear mount turbo thats an idea:D

Ok... so with one of those intakes and a throttle body mounted at the front, the Turbs would then just plumb from the exhaust manifold to spool it, then output through a FMIC then back into the throttle body.

With a twin throttle body setup, you'd link a turbo onto each throttle body right?

I know SFA about this so anyone else, feel free to pipe in. :eek:

Cam.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

SELfor50

B13 (also on here) has suggested the same to me before.
My thinking for a rear setup would mean the spare wheel well would need to be cut and raised a bit? Just purely cause it sits down so low where on other cars you'd have space to hang it..

That Big toys mob in sydney has done turbo or maybe even twin turbo setup on a 6.9. My preference is for a FMIC regardless, and have it made up to fit / look like the grill somehow. Or at least have the front grill customised so that it somes down to surround the IC.

Either way, rear mount or engine bay.. I reckon 1 or 2 turbs will be cracker. ;) :cool:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Motec 6.9 - could I just get down to basics ? I know you've got the Silver 6.9 that's gone to the engine reconditioners, but I don't know who, or which car, "Goldie" is ? Is it a second 6.9 you have ?

Regarding mods to engines between yourself and Cameron in Capitown, it's probably a bit beyond what my feeble little brain can accomodate. You know, why not have a talk to Mercules as well - he's got his horns hooked in the right directions as far as mods are concerned and he is also pretty smart as well. You need both qualities, apart from a swollen 'hip pocket' stuffed with wads of notes - and not the purply coloured ones either. Very interested in what you guys are 'gonna get up to'. Regards Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited: