First Photo

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
It's amazing what you find on the net....

So was this pic taken during a motorshow, or is this the first one off the production line (presumably 0001)? Maybe the English sign in the foreground gives something away? The first into England??? Then again it looks like cloth seats and LHD with Euro bumpers! Perhaps it's a mirror image of the actual picture? I'm confused.... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1975-mercedes-benz-450-sel-6_9-1600x1200-image-5.jpg
    1975-mercedes-benz-450-sel-6_9-1600x1200-image-5.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
You guys are seeing more than what I get on my PC. For instance, the cloth trim (?), 8 Zylinder (?) - none of that information I can see. I would have thought that the pic would have been taken in Germany. 1975 was the first year of production. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
You guys are seeing more than what I get on my PC. For instance, the cloth trim (?), 8 Zylinder (?) - none of that information I can see. I would have thought that the pic would have been taken in Germany. 1975 was the first year of production. Regards Styria

Godfather,

If you click on the picture once it will open up to screen size.
If you click again it will open in its own window (same size)
if you click for the third time it will open up to its actual size, thus allowing you to read at the very bottom of the sign a few words in German and to visualize the velour on the headrests.

On that matter I don't think the picture is mirror image, for the writing would have been reversed.