Concours Prep

More threads by E200K

OP
E200K

E200K

Well the RROCA Concours is over for the year and now we wait until November for the results!! It was possibly the best attended Concours ever with quality competition in every class and some truly stunning cars. Balmoral beach was a superb location and Rolls-Royce Aust. kindly sent a Phantom Dophead for display and Bentley sent a GTC Coupe. Photos at a later point.
Regards,
Benz-Boy

You have to wait until November for the results? The pith-helmet brigade certainly know how to build the suspense.

Styria

The Godfather
Well guys, let me just chip in - it gives me no end of pleasure to see Simon (E200K) carry off a trophy for cleaning up his class with his beautiful car - so well prepared......

2009concoursdelegance007.jpg

Obviously, and it is gratifying to achieve this result, all the hard work has paid off. Great stuff, Simon. Regards Styria

OP
E200K

E200K

Well guys, let me just chip in - it gives me no end of pleasure to see Simon (E200K) carry off a trophy for cleaning up his class with his beautiful car - so well prepared......

2009concoursdelegance007.jpg

Obviously, and it is gratifying to achieve this result, all the hard work has paid off. Great stuff, Simon. Regards Styria

Thank you for your compliments, Styria.

It was quite hard work but also immensely enjoyable (in the main). Obviously it’s lovely to win, but all of the nice comments I received about the car on the day make it just as worthwhile. I think it’s also fair to say that all of the cars looked stunning.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Simon, it must have been providence that made me ask you to pose with your car, don't you think ? Anyway, who cares, you did so fantastically well. Regards Styria

OP
E200K

E200K

At the risk of indulging myself, here's a few more pics of my car from yesterday (taken with my phone so sorry about the quality).

normal_IMAGE_025.jpg

normal_IMAGE_027.jpg

normal_IMAGE_034.jpg

normal_IMAGE_028.jpg

normal_IMAGE_029.jpg

normal_IMAGE_031.jpg

normal_IMAGE_032.jpg

normal_IMAGE_030.jpg

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Tim, the resurrection of E200K's post has revealed that he has removed the pictures he posted back in 2009. This of course means that the whole thread is one of irrelevance. Thus, unless someone can confirm that the pictures are still valid and viewable, it will be recommended that Admin remove the thread. As far as Simon is concerned, he last visited sometime in October, 2013 (surprisingly, I must add), but he obviously has his knickers in a twist and taken off with his batt and ball. Good luck for 2014, Simon.

260ebenz

Master
I do hope Simon does come back to the Forum and would enjoy his humour and valid opinion on the Forum.

If Simon chooses not to return well I respect his decision and wish him all the best for the future.

Cheers.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
There is no way my car would be good enough for concours.

Wrong wheels, tyres, air cleaner, diff, air dam, grille below wipers, colour coded axle caps, colour coded grille, extra '6.9' boot badge, but attached to the radiator grille with tiny cable ties, and many various other removeable acessories, like W124 floor mats which I really don't want to remove from take off the car.

I am now considering fittlng an alloy cased air cleaner with twin trumpets, from an R107. It is a very easy fit, you just replace it, using the same fixings in the same place. It's just that the trumpets themselves have to be removed, because the camshaft covers get in the way. Filter gause is just riveted over the air ports left by removal of the trumpets. I think this mod. would only most effective in the colder winter months, because the air inlets are also directly over the exhaust manifolds.

It's MY car, and I like it just the way it is. It just looks and goes better for me.
THAT saves me concours prep., despite the fact that I used to detail new cars prior to delivery to their first owner.

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
Well done, David. I have really enjoyed the brief test drive of your car. That 450 differential certainly does not appear to have affected the car in any obvious way. Regards Styria

260ebenz

Master
Styria you are most welcome to test drive the 300SE perhaps even Michel could test drive the car?

Why not take the Battleship for a drive at the All German Day?

Will their be a TK convoy making an appearance at the AGD?

Cheers.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
With the 450 diff crown wheel & pinion the old girl just likes to rush down the road like an enraged bull, if you stay into the throttle for too long.
It's just as well the that the speedo now reads a little optimistic and this now allows you to keep within the law, if you care to believe it.

I now drive the beast with less throttle, and there is noticeably less torque converter slippage with normal driving. These two factors combined have led to almost no increase in fuel consumption.

The car would have a lower top speed, but I just wonder how many of us have driven ANY car at over 200km/hr on Australian roads?

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
If you wish to obtain the best result possible with a product such as Swissvax, it's best to use it sparingly and machine buffed in , using lambswool.