RROCA Concours 12/11

More threads by BenzBoy

Styria

The Godfather
Everything being equal, I will certainly be there - it is a day not to be missed. BenzBoy, thank you for the invite. Will the Rover Club be part of your event as well ? I hope so. Regards. Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Just a reminder that it will take place tomorrow week. Benz Boy, which car will you bring ? I'd really love to see the Gurney Nutting again. Regards. Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Out of all invited, we did manage the princely total of two. Whilst, as C107 has already indicated, the Rolls Royce owners were a little down on previous years. The situation of whatever, even affected attendance by Rover owners - once again, well down on previous years. Mind you, there was a gaggle of alternative makes, such as some Yankees, some Wolseley, etc. etc.

All in all, a good day. I spent some really wonderful time with C107 - a thorough gentleman possessing of extensive knowledge of the cars on display, and I am so pleasantly surprised that we hold so many like views on all matters pertaining to cars. I also took the opportunity to take Gleaming Beauty (my 6.9. - for those unknowing) and, make no mistake, this car of mine is still a cracking good car - great performance and torque, especially in second gear when you "step on that pedal", and the exhaust crescendo at 3K. Revs is totally intoxicating.This was the 6.9's first outing since the MB Concours display day. After driving a relatively new car like the Holden Captiva, GB does take a little bit to get used to, but once you have passed ten minutes, it all falls into place. Regards. Styria