Coil Spring Compressor

More threads by oscar

oscar

OP
oscar

oscar

Damn I should've pm'd you first but I didn't think you were keen on doing whitey's springs yourself. Anyway, doesn't matter. One thing that changed my mind on buying these, the seller is a newbie yet has some good tools at low prices that look new. He only registered the day before or on the day this thing kit came up. I dunno, call me paranoid, it gave me cold feet and Yarra Glen is too far away for me to knock on a door to settle affairs or to pay on pick up.

I hope you get em but it might be worth asking for photos of the kit you're getting and the brand because the photo looks like it's from an online catalogue, same as the valve adjustment tool he's got as well.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
He has some decent equipment for sale there.:rolleyes:

Is he a Collingwood supporter?...

Or is he selling out:p

B13

Damn I should've pm'd you first but I didn't think you were keen on doing whitey's springs yourself.

Maybe I wasn't clear - in fact I'm sure of it....

I wouldn't attempt the springs unless I had the right spring compressor, as the kludgy ways suggested for people without the right sping compressor sounded just plain dangerous.

I enquired with US eBay seller of the same product for postage to Aus and that came to over $80 on top of purchase price for this product:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Coil-Spring-Compressor-Suspension-Repair-Tools_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35625QQihZ001QQitemZ110252603758QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

However since this one is local its altogether more appealing....

I.

B13

$360+

Did anyone from here buy it?

Will be keen to see if the seller is an importer with a number of them, just testing the water...

I.

OP
oscar

oscar

He's tested the water successfully IMO. The winner, with a name like "austinjinksmotors" I hope he's not oneof us because I checked your other link before and found a few others from online shops that have this same look-a-like klann compressor and you can get em cheaper than 360.
Eg
http://www.zdmak.com/wbstore/main.asp
Plus that ElPaso ebay store is cheaper yet again plus there's others.

We should start a tool pool. Wanna go halves in a spring compressor?

B13

Was going to suggest maybe the motorsports lads buy a team set split 3 ways... from the USA its about $A300 landed here in Aus... Our $A being pretty awesome at the mo.

L.M.K you two.

I.