Search results

  1. Oversize

    New 6.9 on Ebay

    For those in the market..... If it is to be believed only 131000km. Looks like the interior needs work, the paint's a little sad at the front & the headlight wipers don't function...
  2. Oversize

    First Photo

    It's amazing what you find on the net.... So was this pic taken during a motorshow, or is this the first one off the production line (presumably 0001)? Maybe the English sign in the foreground gives something away? The first into England??? Then again it looks like cloth seats and LHD with...
  3. Oversize

    Paint & trim catalogue for sale

    This listing might be of great interest to some of our members! No affliations of course.... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300574051316&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT I'd buy it myself, but my money's currently got higher priorities. Be quick!!! :D
  4. Oversize

    What a W124 should sound like

    I like the wheels! Can anyone ID them?? :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA8_WRmW5I4&feature=related
  5. Oversize

    And you thought the M100 was big?

    I even like the soundtrack :D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiHo7t_W6GE&NR=1
  6. Oversize

    How to make a W116 more complex

    Nice note :D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RIjzGz9D1o&feature=related
  7. Oversize

    How to ruin a W116

    What has to be one of the worst looking 450s I've ever seen. At first I wondered why they didn't just buy a W126 560SEC; until they opened the bonnet..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr2pYHDfiRA How could they??? :eek:
  8. Oversize

    6.3 for sale at $49k

    I would've thought the chrome on the front bumper would be better for the asking price. It doesn't even have alloy wheels! If this isn't the highest priced 6.3, it must be close...
  9. Oversize

    280SEL for sale

    Must be one of the last, with low kms & a really nice looking black interior (no affiliations as per usual)..... :D http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170650366769&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
  10. Oversize

    Specialist tools

    I had to replace the indicator assembly on my AU the other day & was confronted by tamperproof bolts with a peg in the middle. Thinking they were just tamperproof torx bits, I pulled out my set only to discover that they had 5 points, instead of the normal 6. After swearing & cursing, drilling...
  11. Oversize

    A W116 with a difference

    I wonder what this would go like??? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250824075495&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT :D
  12. Oversize

    Cheap AMG kit & nice interior.....

    For anyone in the neighbourhood, or willing to pay to transport.... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280660698111&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT As usual; no affiliations! :D
  13. Oversize

    6.9 exhaust

    This is the thread that I was referring to when I asked a question about twin throttle bodies. I've heard quite a few people say that a largish single pipe (2.5"-3") flows better than two smaller 2" ones. When I was replacing my Fairmont exhaust, I was told to stay away from the twin XR8...
  14. Oversize

    Euro 560SEL for sale?

    Looks interesting & cheap. No affiliations; be quick! http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170613934603&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
  15. Oversize

    6.9 throttle & air filter conversion

    With the faulty LPG system to be replaced on MB3 (6301), I was looking at changing the throttle body & air filter assembly at the same time. Seems to me (& a few others) that the 6.9 throttle is too small. Rather than fit one much larger plate (75-100mm), I was wondering if it'd be better to...
  16. Oversize

    560SEL with full hydraulic suspension for sale

    I've never seen one before & this might be of interest to someone. The Australian versions of the W126 only have self leveling on the rear. This one appears to have hydropneumatic suspension on all four corners & looks like some parts are the same as those on the 6.9. :cool: Note I have no...
  17. Oversize

    Ecklers Catalogs

    I have no doubt many of us will be interested in at least one of these catalogs!!!!!! http://www.ecklersautomotive.com/ Yay...... :D:D
  18. Oversize

    How many 6.9s are left?

    About 10 years ago I started keeping records of 6.9s that I'd seen on the road, or ones that had been advertised in the printed media. I stopped doing this religiously a while ago, due to the decline of printed media & the rate at which ads on the net were being utilized (there's too many ads...
  19. Oversize

    Sheepskin Covers

    Does anyone know a good supplier of custom sheepskin covers in Melbourne??
  20. Oversize

    6.9 For Sale

    Thought this one might be of interest to anyone looking to pick one up. Note that I have no affiliations with the seller. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mercedes-benz-450-SEL-6-9-1979-4D-Sedan-3-SP-Autom-/270705826154?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3f0753196a I've run out of room & money to buy any more & it'd...
Top