Sheepskin Covers

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Does anyone know a good supplier of custom sheepskin covers in Melbourne??

450SE

I'm planning on having mine made by a company located on Maroondah Hwy, Ringwood.
http://blacksheepaustralia.com/

I called about a six or eight different places around Victoria and the owner of this store was the only guy I am willing to trust to do a proper job.
He has been in the field for many years and took the time to explain to explain his procedures etc.

Keep me updated on the progess of your covers - I have to get my act into gear and place the order! :rolleyes:

260ebenz

Master
Oversize,

There is a company in NSW if you don't mind purchasing car seat covers Interstate?

The Company's name is Mortels Sheepskin Factory for more details log onto: www.mortels.com.au

Click on the Seat Cover link on the webpage I have never purchased Seat Covers from Mortels but I have heard they do make and sell excellent Seat Covers.

They might be worth a try?

Cheers,
Tim.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I always get my sheepskin covers for free. Always!

Our business has contacts with a few commercial detailers who do most of our cars that go onto the used car lot. Also, we have trade ins that go to auction. These cars are the source of a lot of used sheepskin car seat covers. And I am in a good position to pick and choose the good ones before thay are thrown out.

Mostly they are grey. The covers in my 6.9 are a bit of an exception. These covers are very suited to the parchment colour of the leather uphostery in my car. My son got them for me, almost brand new from the NRMA, and they came out of a 280 SL. I have not been able to get another set in a cream colour, because almost all modern cars have dark upholstery.

Styria

The Godfather
Well, I got mine free as well, courtesy of aforementioned member SEL69L. Sheepskin covers are great, as long as you can ignore the slight (different) odour they emit - I normally take care of that by using 'smellies' in the car. Sheepskin covers are great as I think they firm up the seats a little and provide slightly better support. Plus, of course, they do protect the leather. Regards Styria

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
The text below I posted under a different topic, so I thought it might be a good idea to cut n paste it into this one. Sheepskins are great for many reasons; they'll protect you from excessive heat & cold, protect leather upholstery from wear & sunlight, they allow air to circulate around your body, they're easy to keep clean, they look good & they're soft n comfortable.

I have several cars with sheepskins fitted & really love em. Most girls love the feel of them too! The only problem is finding a good supplier for a custom set. They'll fit far better & will be softer than generic ones. I had a bad experience with my last ones for my Fairmont Ghia; the colour turned from black to blue in patches & I've noticed in the last couple of years that some areas have been made up of smaller sections sewn together. No matter how much they convince you don't penny pinch & mix sheep skin with synthetic (even in areas you won't see), or believe that a seam will not be obvious (esp after years of use). Have a good hard think if you'll really need access to areas such as centre armrests, pockets, or seat adjusters. Personally you'd be better not having any seams as they don't look the best & will get worse with age. If you must have access, a zip is far better than velcro as the velcro seems to buckle & not sit flat. Note that if your seats are fitted with airbags, you must not fit ANY cover; an airbag deployed under a cover will probably break your back!! :eek:

Last edited: