Search results

  1. Oversize

    W116 Manuals

    I know the auction's finished, but the point is the two manuals sold for nearly $300 (incl. postage)!!! :eek: Did anyone here buy them?? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310375227481?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649...
  2. Oversize

    Dashpad speaker grilles

    Does anyone know if RHD dashpads are available for the W116 with the integral speaker grilles?? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190576431054?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  3. Oversize

    D-Jet to K-Jet and back

    Can anyone explain why MB used D-Jet (which is very similar to today's MPFI systems), then went to K-Jet (which wastes fuel through continuous injection) and then went back to something similar to the old D-Jet??? It seems to me they tried something different, but found it wasn't any better and...
  4. Oversize

    Victorian issues

    Well I had to scan the relevant pages all over again, but hopefully this'll answer a few questions and probably raise a few too: :)
  5. Oversize

    Petrol pump cutout

    I noticed the fuel pump on Red Bull runs as soon as the ignition is turned on, which I don't think is normal. Although it's nice to hear that the pump's running, I believe MB wired them up so the pump only operated when the engine was turning (as a safety measure). Or were later versions...
  6. Oversize

    Alloy spare wheels

    When I opened the boot of Red Bull I thought beaut; she's one of the few with an alloy spare. But alas: It pays to look closely, as in an emergency it could've ended up on the car as a road wheel. Instead it's headed straight for the bin.... Well the tyre wasn't any good for the car...
  7. Oversize

    Red Bull (5541)

    This curious repair to the RF floor had me rather worried when I first noticed it.... It's likely this is evidence of a previous rust repair: It looks like the accelerator pedal came adrift at some point and it's now bolted to the floor: Note the height difference where the original floor...
  8. Oversize

    Heated rear seat

    It looks like it's not the original one, as there's no switches or loom in the car (Red Bull). The springs are very soft, the padding's crumbling away and I might as well recover it while I'm at it. Oh what fun!! :)
  9. Oversize

    6.9 oil pressure

    Red Bull in drive with the engine warm. Should I be concerned that it's not at max? It'll be interesting to see if the oil and filter change (plus a clean of the tank) will make any difference. I'd say it's been a while since a service....
  10. Oversize

    Red Bull (5541)

    And here I go..... :D I removed the sheepskins and discovered the front seats aren't too bad. But as usual, the RF base has collapsed:
  11. Oversize

    Red Bull (5541)

    I should take my own advice and not take pics with things 'growing' out of the roof!! After another wash she looks tough! :D
  12. Oversize

    M100 oil filters

    Styria I've ordered a new washer and will have to wait until it arrives from Germany.... I also tracked down the 'O' ring in the picture below and have several on order. What concerns me is the wear on the bottom of the housing, where the securing bolt washer has cut into the surface. Should...
  13. Oversize

    The worst struts on a 6.9

    I think Red Bull takes the gong for the worst struts I've ever seen.... :eek: And this explains why she felt so unstable and downright dangerous during my one and only drive. The really frightening thing is that the PO was an old(er) gentleman, who I doubt was aware of the serious problems...
  14. Oversize

    Ronal Wheels

    Here's some pics of Red Bull's Ronal (Penta style) wheels, which I think are genuine AMGs. I'm very fortunate that they're also in excellent condition. However the locknuts had me a little curious and I was horrified when I removed the rear ones.... :eek: The same offset as Blue Flame's...
  15. Oversize

    How to get your 6.9 to rev

    Here's some pics of Red Bull's rotor, which is completely different from the standard one. Note that the one and only time I drove her I felt she was lacking power (even for an Aussie), but I'm not sure if it's due to the angle of the non-standard rotor, a stretched timing chain, plugs...
  16. Oversize

    Red Sow Hillclimb

    OMG, I think I just had an out-of-body experience!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYknKhRDM6I&feature=related
  17. Oversize

    Rust

    Can anyone explain why the W116 is prone to rust, opposed to the W126? I don't think I've seen a rusted out W126, but maybe someone can dig up a nasty pic of a 380? :rolleyes:
  18. Oversize

    Chrysler in V8 Supercars?

    This might become even more interesting :): http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motorsport/chrysler-confirms-v8-supercar-interest-20120126-1qjjg.html In lieu of the M100 tour, it looks like we might be headed to Clipsal. Not quite Germany, but we're planning that for 2013...
  19. Oversize

    M100 oil filters

    I changed the oil and filter in Blue Flame recently and after jacking it up on a level surface, I dropped the engine sump plug, engine tank plug, oil filter housing and also removed the pipe at the bottom of the oil cooler (Euro). The front spoiler was removed to avoid oil from the cooler going...
  20. Oversize

    MB Throttle linkages

    What's missing here (red arrow)?? A circlip is the answer! Not overly critical, but it does highlight an area that's often neglected. The black coloured circular object further along the shaft (and partly hidden behind the mounting plate) is known as a throttle ball (yellow arrow). The...
Top