Chrysler in V8 Supercars?

More threads by Oversize

Tony66_au

FINALLY!

Chrysler have been sniffing around this for 4 years BTW which is why 300C SRT's have been showing up as pace cars at the Indy and V8's.

Toyota have also been showing an interest at running their Lexus products but I doubt they have the budget anymore.

Personally id like to see the return of an expanded field and the return of Homologation specials as Mitsubishi have some interesting stuff to play with that we may not see here in Australia without an external driving force.

BTW, anyone who has ever sat in a 300C will have noticed a certain low rent Benz familiarity as the S I and S II 300's share a fair bit of yesteryear Mercedes technology, fixtures and fittings not unlike (Dare I say it) Ssangyong :)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Tony yes the 300 is the old W210 chasis with the V6 and turbo diesel motors from Mercedes and the transmissions also Mercedes with only the hemi V8 being Chrysler:D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Tony yes the 300 is the old W210 chasis with the V6 and turbo diesel motors from Mercedes and the transmissions also Mercedes with only the hemi V8 being Chrysler:D

Same for the Starfire....

All MB under the Chrysler skin.

WiSeGuYY

Hey MICHEL , few years back while Daimler and Chrysler was still join venture they both gain from this partnership. it is possible that Mercedes gave them few models to adopt future designs , they now do the same with FIAT - LANCIA brand was crowned the CHRYSLER products in Europe i think this is one advantage of the merge .

I bet you can say this on this pic

It is CHRYSLER 1946 WINDSOR no enlounce of either FIAT nore BENZ but i love it , just saw one just like this couple of days in a movie DIRTY DANCING , HAVANA NIGHTS
I'm TEMPTED TO BUY IT but gonna be a huge challange.

REGARDS
TAREK

Attachments

• IMG-20120110-00329.jpg
    IMG-20120110-00329.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 7

Tony66_au

well their 2013 integration of world marques seems to be underway.

its going to be interesting as the current ford holden cars are dinosaurs.

Onwards and upwards!

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Got that right!!! And I'll need something to barrack for when Ford withdraws due to a lack of funds... :eek: If they stay in I'll be torn!! :confused: