Welcome V8 Supercars

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
As a proud Novocastrian born & bred it is terrific to have the V8 Supercars.

Watching the race on TV has been wonderful that track does look a cracker others may agree or disagree?

In due course I will post info in regards to a car show here in Newcastle scheduled to take place in early 2018.

Newcastle that’s my town!

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Very impressive track and a very enjoyable race today seen from the comfort of my lounge.
I think the Newcastle round is here to stay! 😊

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Well said Michel!

Well after going for an early morning bike ride I could not believe the amount of V8 Supercar fans was truly unbelievable!

The battle between Ford vs Holden is a great long rivalry!

Great win for Whincup the race sure did have it's moments!

My family have already planned on going to next years race.

The old saying get your backside trackside!
😀

Very proud to see Newcastle put on such a great race event.

Styria

The Godfather
Those V8 Supercars are simply awesome. I have only ever attended a practice day at Sydney Motorsport Centre, but one had to be there to experience the unbelievable atmosphere one is confronted with. Home viewing is not the same, but one gets much better coverage by the Television medium. Those cars are mighty. Regards. Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
The whole series faded into insignificance many years ago. I got very excited when news came that MBs would be competing, but the stupid regulations and lack of factory support didn't help to make them competitive. I've lost almost all interest since Erebus dumped MB.

Racing cars that are actually available to the public is a far better format, but that's what killed the Phase IV, so I'm not sure how to solve that dilemma...