More threads by motec 6.9

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And sorry this one to Styria . Enjoy :D

Styria

The Godfather
I think the styling is quite remarkable, like so many Chrysler products of those 'High' eras - '50s, '60s - it is not pretty, but more handsome and individual. Under the bonnet, note what appears to be a blower (fan) connected to the Air cleaner, and the clock within the Speedometer is quite intricate and reminds me of the original Clocks that were such a feature in Maseratis. Regards. Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Styria it was made by Ghia in Italy not Chrysler. It was predecessor to Dual Cowl Ghia. I will try to find more on this car . I find the styling very attractive.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Styria it was made by Ghia in Italy not Chrysler. It was predecessor to Dual Cowl Ghia. I will try to find more on this car . I find the styling very attractive.

Well, Virgil Exner was the stylist, with Ghia building the cars. I would have said that the car is a Chrysler Ghia, or indeed Ghia Chrysler, but not solely Ghia - if you know what I mean. Regards. Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Tarek that's ok . I will say my styling preference period is the 30's and late 60's to early 70's:D

WiSeGuYY

30's huh maybe rolls Royce and others at that era ,60 and 70 's the time of American muscles I agree that is the time of camaro corvette and GTO also Shelby cobra but that Gaia mutant Chrysler I pass

Regards
Tarek

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
All good Tarek its an Italian built American car 60 years ahead of its time. As Fiat now own Chrysler . :D

WiSeGuYY

Lol motec please don't compare Gaia by Fiat , Fiat own Alfa Romeo,Lancia , Fiat and Autobianchi ,plus they produce Chrysler now in Europe under Lancia brand
Plus Chrysler had won plenty from the Daimler partnership and they still have the Hemi engine.
Regards
Tarek

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I am just saying its funny American brands looked to Italian coach builders in the 50's for style .Now the Italians own one off them. I posted as Styria professed he liked Dual cowl Ghia which followed this car so I though I would post its predecessor . Ghia lost all independence when Ford bought them in the 70's . :D

WiSeGuYY

I think Gaia got famous by branding for ford ,Italians always had super cars in the sixties ,what about mesarati,de tomaso, and Ferrari all Italian muscles
The de Tomaso I think powered by ford

Regards
Tarek