The End of V8 Supercars?

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
With the loss of local manufacturing, 2 recent withdrawals and now the loss of the Adelaide circuit it seems the series is on its last legs.

Unless they change the format significantly to attract more teams & manufacturers, it’ll be gone by June 2021. They lost me when Benz & Nissan pulled out TBH.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Mark, you may have noticed also, unless I am mistaken, Mercedes are no longer competing in the German Touring Car Championships. All Audi and BMW now. Seeing that this country no longer manufactures Motor Vehicles, should the Government now consider removal of the Luxury Car tax ? Fat chance of that happening.

We should also start considering the future of Australian Supercars. I believe that GM will prepares Chevrolet Corvettes for next year, but I am a little rusty, or simply don't know, about those developments. I also believe that 2021 may be the last year we see of the Mercedes F1 team ? There may be some significant changes that may develop. Perhaps Michel may even wish to add to this subject matter. Regards Styria

sean sherry

Master
Lost interest when Leo Geogan in his Mustang and Norm Beechey in his Chev departed. ++ Jimmy Richards in his Rotary Mazda. No variety... a procession with two vehicles both built to a rigid formula. One develops an advantage...
put a couple of Sand Bags in the Trunk ( Boot ) of the other.:rolleyes:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S A flighty Rear End Articles 9
S Low end Torque Articles 7
B The end of the 6.9 road :-( Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 8
c107 Nice looking 450SLC with front end damage Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 4
BenzBoy Styria's rear end? Mechanicals 3
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild - Final Assembly Technical Information 0
WGB Pictorial - Rear end rebuild Part 9 - Fuel filter and hoses. Interiors 0
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild Part 8 - Handbrake de-mystified and re-built Technical Information 2
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild Part 7 - Diagonal arm bush replacement Technical Information 1
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild Part 6 - Torqueing rear hub Technical Information 0
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild Part 5 - Rear hub strip down and rebuild Technical Information 1
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild Part 4 - Rusted rear discs Technical Information 4
WGB Pictorial - Rear end rebuild Part 3 - Pinion seal replacement. Technical Information 0
WGB Pictorial - Rear end rebuild Part 2 - converting diff to 126 flanged style. Technical Information 1
WGB Pictorial Rear end rebuild Part 1 - Remove Complete Assembly Technical Information 17
4 450SEL front end rattle Mercedes W116 25
WGB 6.9 Rear end rebuild - Pictorial Mechanicals 4
Styria complete 6.9 rear end on ebay Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 5
B Team116 #2: front end tart-up on 450SE Motorsports 8
G W116 Front End Wobble ? Mechanicals 7
SELfor50 New front end Exteriors and Body Repairs 3
260ebenz Welcome V8 Supercars Motorsports 6
Styria Supercars - Supersounds Motorsports 9
Michel Various V8 Supercars Launches Motorsports 4
Oversize Erebus V8 Supercars Motorsports 45
Oversize Chrysler in V8 Supercars? Motorsports 9
L Germans to join V8 Supercars Motorsports 5