Wrong, on SO many levels!

More threads by 300SDude

Des

He name was pimped, simple as that.
I remember buying a TomTom Sat nav a few years ago and it came with a Peter Brock car cleaning kit, what is up with that?

tyre cleaner? why clean your tyres when they are on a dirty road?!?!?!?

windscreen cleaner, I can understand, was the only thing in the bucket that I used. Tossed all the other rubbish out
all these polishers and waxey stuff, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

"washing a car does not make it go any better"

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I've known Des for some years now and am confident that I speak with some small degree of authority when I say that Des is of the old school; when a car is dirty you throw it away and get a new one.

Regards,
Brian

260ebenz

Master
It wasn't the late Peter Brock who was into marketing.
Rather, it was his widow, who was the best manager he ever had (except for the polariser :( ).
She organised for him to do anythiung when he lost Holden.

But he was a good mate, alway had time to chat with me on the radio. I miss his humour

Brock-Malik-1.jpg

Top photo Michel! one of Australia's greatest car racing drivers Brockie sadly missed to.

Styria

The Godfather
I agree yes, Zil's, Moskvich's, chaika's etc do have something many cars today don't

charm.

Des, would that be Russian names ? BTW, the Wartburg, Trabant and what was the other, all horrible little motor cars, made in East Germany - not West Germany. BTW BenzBoy, a couple of the ones shown in the video (what was it called ? - that's got me worried now) evoked some pleasant memories of times in Europe. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Finally getting back to 107s (at long last), I just about like each and everyone of the cars posted by Michel, even the yellow one - something different about it - is it the colour ? :) Regards Styria

Tony66_au

nah I prefer the oak smell of cigars

cigar smell stays in cars for years, well really it is near impossble to get out of the seats and carpets

Morning Fresh can't do that.

Ahhhh there's magic "Stuff" to remove smoker smell from car interiors...

How do I know this?

Well i love cigars and smoke them often (And Captain Jack cigarillo's when I cant suck on a fat one) AND When I drove Towncars and Limo's the clients would often enjoy a cigar in the car in contravention to the No smoking in Taxi's and hire cars law.

But yes Des I agree, nothing as nice as second hand cigar residue to season a cars interior, even better when you freshen it up with another cigar.

Tony66_au

White or pink veal not sure what you mean Tony??
:confused:

No wine with my veal I don't drink booze!

None the less the veal I had was terrific.

White veal is from bobby calfs under 5 months and usually about 3 months old that are still exclusively milk fed, a little hard to get depending on where you live but its melt in the mouth stuff.

Bobby calves are a cast off from the dairy industry because in order to keep dairy cows producing milk they need to have calves yearly so the Dairy cows have a holiday from milk production for a while when they dry up, become pregnant and then drop a calf.

These calves are then either bopped on the head or bought and reared by persons such as moi and hand raised for later sale and the younger milk fed calves (Male only BTW cos milking bull calves has no merit) are often bought by speciality butchers for veal.

Their purchase value fluctuates so its not something I do every year much to the lament of some of my clients.

260ebenz

Master
Thanks for the info about Veal Tony very informative thank you.

Veal I had yesterday was white Veal excellent as well!

I should have know the difference between pink and white Veal my Folks use to own Restaurants and Cafes and my Dad use to work in a Abbattoir.

I have even been to an Abbattoir when I was a kid an experience I won't forget!
:eek:

Dad would be shocked to know I had forgotten the difference between pink and white Veal sorry Dad!

Cheers.

Tony66_au

White veal is more sought by certain ethnic groups and the Jewish community also loves it and cant get enough.

No probs on the heads up either, Ive been showing it to people for a while and I also have a Hospitality background, I vividly recall trade school visits to the kill room, Boning and dressing floors at 6am on a cold winters morning lol

260ebenz

Master
Hi Tony,

I myself also come from a Hospitality background which is hard working long hours Industry.

I have worked in our Family owned Restaurants and Cafes over the years I also studied Commercial Cookery Cert.2 at Hamilton TAFE back in 1998 a very enjoyable course.

Which Abbattoir have you worked at Tony?

My Grandfather was the General Manager of the Newcastle Abbattoir and his Brother Eddie worked their as well and so did my Father Mel.

Dad use to work for the DPI and AQIS, Dad worked at the Tallangatta Abbattoir when we were living in North-Eastern Victoria.

I enjoy veal, chicken, pork and vegetarian meals as well might come as a surprise a meat eater who likes vegetarian food.

Good to speak to you Tony.

Cheers Tim.

Styria

The Godfather
They were Des; they were the days. You in your Reliant Robin and me in my Trabbie....
And some people still think they were Russian. There was nothing rushin' about those days, was there Sir Des? :D
Regards,
Brian
Ps; I feel mighty cheered up now Sir Des is back.
Have our most revered gentlemen moved on from this ? I suspect that things have changed greatly. No more Trabbies no more ? Regards Styria

N.B. Those were TK's infant days.

Styria

The Godfather
Well as they say, every dog has his day. Personally I think they are ugly, poorly designed, and why would one own one ? I take my mind back to a Mercedes Classic of the late '40s - the Mercedes 170 with suicide front doors. What a dreadful car to drive - worst steering of any car I have driven. I can also express similar sentiments to the 190SL of the early sixties - agricultural gearbox, noisy and again dreadful steering feel. At least its looks were spot on as witness today's prices. Regards Styria

Patrick_R

Grand Master
It seems any “classic” or “vintage” car just pulls big money in this day and age.

Like Putin, it seems some people want to revive anything Soviet.

Styria

The Godfather
Patrick, I am still waiting for my own personal value to attain classic and vintage values - I steer alright, the gearbox is good, the differential gears mesh parfectly and, wonder over wonders, the old grass on the scone still grows - just needs the perfect fertilizer such as Schwarzkopf Shampoo !:love: Regards Styria

Patrick_R

Grand Master
I couldn’t possibly put a value on you Styria.
Even with everything still in tip top condition you are,
too unique,
too special,
and above all, one of a kind, thus priceless.