Wrong, on SO many levels!

More threads by 300SDude

Tony66_au

By the way, there's far more than 20 of them in Australia, a bloke in Coober Pedy has nearly 70 of them in underground storage.

Great little car, why? Because Skoda were first and formost and engineering company making such things as Lathes and Firearms that are well regarded and because Skoda didnt try to reinvent the wheel and "Borrowed" designs from Renault and BMW to create the 100 series.

Id own one again in a heartbeat.

260ebenz

Master
Good evening Comrades,

Lada Niva a Teacher at my School had one of those how it ever passed roadworthy amazed me!

Even as a young School kid I was shocked to see the amount of rust eating away at the Niva SCARY!!
:eek:

Des

How can we have such an Oxymoron???

Lada and Brock :eek:

Don't forget that Peter Brock came 6th in the Australian Touring Car Championship in 1996.......in a VOLVO 850

850_red.jpg

Oversize

Grand Master
And the Brock EA Falcon..... :eek:

Attachments

• Brock EA.jpg
    Brock EA.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 7

Tony66_au

Nice cars those 850's, I had the pleasure of an 850 sports wagon for a month.

5 speed manual turbo beastie, one damned quick shopping trolley and the handling was superb even on Dirt.

Remember they raced the wagons here too

260ebenz

Master
Even I had to shake my head at that one, Lets face it P Brock esq was a marketing slut.

Flame suit ON :D

Tony flame suit on indeed!

Ford fans might like your comment about P Brock.

Brockie could drive don't worry about that even this young bloke use to watch Brockie race around Bathurst what a driver!

WiSeGuYY

GUYS , you are hilirious , what start with MERCEDES widebody ended up with some trabant and wartburg going to lada as example of the russian car industry naming few russian cars , do you really compare MERCEDES with any?? german or russian makes of the era? SHAME black sense of humor PROFF and the gang.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Brocky lost me with the Director VLs and the Energy Polarizers! :eek: Despite the fact I like rocks!!!

Attachments

• Energy Polarizer.jpg
    Energy Polarizer.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 5
  • VL Director.jpg
    VL Director.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 4

Tony66_au

Tony flame suit on indeed!

Ford fans might like your comment about P Brock.

Brockie could drive don't worry about that even this young bloke use to watch Brockie race around Bathurst what a driver!

LOL I never said he couldn't drive, I inferred he was an absolute tart when it came to making a dollar from his name and with some outstanding examples in the EA 6 cylinder Falcon and the Lada Samara in evidence I rest my case.

The guy was a Vegan too (Allegedly), a Vegetarian I could understand but a Vegan?

260ebenz

Master
LOL I never said he couldn't drive, I inferred he was an absolute tart when it came to making a dollar from his name and with some outstanding examples in the EA 6 cylinder Falcon and the Lada Samara in evidence I rest my case.

The guy was a Vegan too (Allegedly), a Vegetarian I could understand but a Vegan?

Brock an absoloute tart that's a good one Tony! LOL.
:D:D

Vegan and Vegetarian what's up with that get some more pork on your fork I say!
;)

Time to throw on my Flame suit now!

Oversize

Grand Master
Who could pass up a good BBQ??? WTF? :p

260ebenz

Master
Lunch, lol......it's about 5:30 in the evening right now. :p

300SDude

Aussie time zone Dude don't forget you are in the US I am in AUS.

Lunch was great btw veal for lunch compliments to the Chef!

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Even I had to shake my head at that one, Lets face it P Brock esq was a marketing slut.

It wasn't the late Peter Brock who was into marketing.
Rather, it was his widow, who was the best manager he ever had (except for the polariser :( ).
She organised for him to do anythiung when he lost Holden.

But he was a good mate, alway had time to chat with me on the radio. I miss his humour

Brock-Malik-1.jpg

Tony66_au

It was a shame the way he went and the racing community is poorer for the loss, I meant no disrespect to the man himself BTW and not following him in the press outside actual motorsports events I know little about him.

A guy I dealt with for years and worked for P Brock said he was a good bloke and that was enough for me.

Nice pic!