SLC in sunshine a few days ago ...

Fuchs bundts care of House of Styria :)

Attachments

• 20190427_114646_reduced.jpg
    20190427_114646_reduced.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 15

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I'm not one to go for green, but your green is different and pleasing to the eye.
Congratulations.

Styria

The Godfather
I have just come across David's post featuring the rims he purchased. They were nigh on perfect and I don't think that he had to re-paint any of the Bundts - and they are all the correct size.

In the olden days, say perhaps five to ten years ago, wreckers had any number of them virtually laying around the yard, and very much unwanted. Try to buy some today. Unfortunately, 116s are probably not "flavour of the month" these days, and I believe probably container loads of 108/109/116 parts have found their way back to Europe. You're not likely to find many body parts at the wreckers, particularly for the 109 lwb models. Even one of the most "thrifty" wreckers (throws nothing away) in Sydney is having difficulty supplying various items.

The GREEN 450SLC is quite rare. I think that even the interior sports a similar colour although I stand to be corrected on this. Ten years ago I was offered a Gold 450SE and that GREEN 450SEL by the same owner. GJ1122 and GJ 2211. I bought the Gold One for $3K. because I wanted the interior for another car, but I knocked back the SEL. All the guy wanted was $1K. and it was a good car. I just had too many projects on my hand.

That "Gold One" became the subject of a fairly lengthy thread on TK. It is now in the hands of another owner. More of that a little later. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Stunning looking car David

OP
6.9forever

6.9forever

Noble
The 14 x 6.5 Fuchs bundts bolted straight on. Nice and fresh from House of Styria, two with good Michelin tyres. I added new Febi lug bolts and new centre caps, bought in the UK last year at The SL Shop (what a place! Visit if you can - awesome).

Interior is parchment leather, shown below.

Cheers and thanks all for your comments.

Attachments

• 20190427_115314.jpg
    20190427_115314.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 5

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Colour certainly suits the 450 SLC.

Why on Earth are most modern Mercedes black or variations of this?
How about a W220 in metallic royal mauve?

How about a modern C class in a paler version of British Racing Green?

Styria

The Godfather
I guess it's what the public is perceived to want. One second hand car dealer just down the road from me (Why walk used cars) told me that the public wants all colours, as long as it's white - go figure. Yet, when I look at the dark metallic steel grey colour of our Honda Jazz, I think it is just about the best of the full range that's available. I still say that the interior of Patrick's 430S is just about the ultimate. Regards Styria