Green slips

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Green slip now dearer than my Comp ?????????? $576 Nrma.

Best Quote for 1 year old Golf now $880.
Last year it was $579 through the new car Dealer Allianz
Mercedes C Class 2010 was $503. GIO
Is it a case of "smile as you go under" ?

abl567

Super Moderator
I paid about $440 for the 6.3 and $480 approx for the CLK from Shannons, both around $110 cheaper than any other provider, you can only get a Shannons CTP policy on vehicles with a Shannons Comprehensive policy.
The Hilux I paid $582 with GIO. It pays to use the web based cost comparison calculators. The place the vehicle is garaged makes a huge difference to price, the Hilux is $840 garaged at Seven Hills, where my factory is, and the $582 paid at East Kurrajong.
Why the garaging location effects a policy to protect a third party is beyond me.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I'm really liking the new historic rego scheme. I'm down four greenslips this year which is a huge saving. The DS is going on a logbook next month and the Jag will go on in september.

abl567

Super Moderator
I'm really liking the new historic rego scheme. I'm down four greenslips this year which is a huge saving. The DS is going on a logbook next month and the Jag will go on in september.

I'd reckon you have saved enough on the fleet to add to the fleet!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
My take on the quotes I had on the Net and then following up on the phone with no joy or explanations is that there seems to be colusion. All 6 I checked were quoting $870/ $880 range. Allianz did offer $774 on the phone a renewal of my current Policy.Up until this year all were quoting around the $800 via the RTA Web site. A phone call shaved some $200 off most online quotes.
Last year my Home and contents insurance increased some $500 to $2000. Lame excuse was the floods in Queensland ( Brisbane ) Nothing to do with me on a high block in Sydney....... Policy now $1440. Loudest squeak etc...
I called Shannons a couple of years ago, they were no better than GIO.
They are under written by a large Insurance company and I can't see them falling behind cost wise.

P.S. Brisbane should never have been built on a flat flood prone plain, with a river through the middle !

c107

and 111/116/124/126
How's your driving record? I wonder how much that is a factor?

My wife has lost about 2/3 of the points on her licence as she doesn't notice the speed trap signs until too late. So her greenslip is about $850 for the same address as mine for $520. (I haven't lost any points in over 10 years) Her car is a 2000 model lexus so not a high risk category either.

My take on the quotes I had on the Net and then following up on the phone with no joy or explanations is that there seems to be colusion. All 6 I checked were quoting $870/ $880 range. Allianz did offer $774 on the phone a renewal of my current Policy.Up until this year all were quoting around the $800 via the RTA Web site. A phone call shaved some $200 off most online quotes.
Last year my Home and contents insurance increased some $500 to $2000. Lame excuse was the floods in Queensland ( Brisbane ) Nothing to do with me on a high block in Sydney....... Policy now $1440. Loudest squeak etc...
They are under written by a large Insurance company and I can't see them falling behind cost wise.

P.S. Brisbane should never have been built on a flat flood prone plain, with a river through the middle !

BenzBoy

Grand Master

Sean - simple question; have you tried Shannons recently?
If you also have comprehensive insurance with them you may be pleasantly surprised.
Regards,
Brian

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Not what we know, but who we know !
Success with Shannons!
Green Slip $503.7
Comp on C Class less $240
Comp on Golf $$40 more but more than made up with saving on G/Slip.
Also monthly payments with no excess costs, means the money can stay in my bank earning interest. With automatic debits = no hassle for me.
Thanks for all the advice Sean:D:D:D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Success with Shannons!
Green Slip $503.7
Also monthly payments with no excess costs, means the money can stay in my bank earning interest. With automatic debits = no hassle for me.

Didn't we tell you? You see it pays to listen to us oldies on here. :D We may be in need of a re-tread but we still know our stuff!
Regards,
Brian
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

abl567

Super Moderator
Didn't we tell you? You see it pays to listen to us oldies on here. :D We may be in need of a re-tread but we still know our stuff!
Regards,
Brian

Oldies? :p

abl567

Super Moderator
Success with Shannons!
Green Slip $503.7

Did you ask for a Home and Contents quote Sean? Shannons were cheaper for much much more for me. And no, I do not receive a spotters fee :p

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes, I asked for a quote on Home & Contents. My renewal from GIO is $1467 and Shannons quote was $2000. Our House is listed on the National Trust Register, which they said was the reason for the higher cost. It is 125 years old Sandstone in Hunters Hill and most Companies shy away from the standard norm. Gio is new for old with a 25% leeway so I am able to under insure for that amount to keep the premiums down a bit. I have been through this before over the years with the same results from other Companies.

Can't complain, with a big result on the Motor Vehicle savings:D:D:D:D

Styria

The Godfather
Regards,
Brian

hi, you speak for yourself ! Still, on this subject matter - I received an $880.00 (app.) Green Slip renewal from NRMA. Naturally, somewhat desperately, I checked with Shannons as I have comprehensive on Gleaming Beauty ($23,400), but only Third Party Property Damage on the Captiva - also with Shannons of course - NOT comprehensive. I finished up paying $480.00 for the Green Slip.

Incidentally, GB is now on Historic Club Plates and the saving on Comprehensive is remarkable. Forgotten exactly how much, but it is substantial. Regards Styria

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Happily I was able to throw one more greenship renewal in the bin today as the DS is now on the logbook historic plates.

It is having a spare brake accumulator fitted so I can have mine rebuilt but will soon be sporting the little purple plates.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Just paid $502 for a green slip through Shannons for the CLK320 convertible!
You can't beat their prices if you've been insured with them for a few years and you have a lifetime 65% no claim bonus!