The Green Machine

More threads by Lukas

Lukas

Picked this one up at auction for just over $1k - I really should know better. After an additional $2k worth of suspension and brake work and $800 rego renewal, I now have a nice, roadworthy, ~130,000km runabout.....worth $1.5k max. :(

The paint looks good from a distance, fair few scrapes and a bit of clear coat lift on the roof though. Minimal rust, good engine, OK interior (after I took it out and pressure cleaned it).

Pic shows it wearing the parts 450SE's bumper, the original one (with headlight guards) had a nice hole punched through it and all the rubber trim missing.

2012-05-12Mercedes450SE00.jpg

450SE, sunroof, manual windows, heated passenger seat (for some reason - since disconnected).

Codes:
248 REAR WINDOW, ELECTRICALLY HEATED (COMPOUND GLASS)
260 ELIMINATION OF MODEL DESIGNATION ON REAR LID
466 CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM
480 SELF-LEVELLING SUSPENSION
532 AUTOMATIC ANTENNA WITHOUT RADIO SET
812 REAR-MOUNTED LOUDSPEAKER
991 FOR FURTHER CODED SPECIAL VERSIONS, SEE PRODUCTION ORDER I

Lukas

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I think it's a great find...

And you will get back what you've spent..

Good looking car (any more pictures?)

OP
L

Lukas

No more pics at present sorry - will try for some today. It looks good from the back with the badge delete option - very symmetrical. Insides are a beige / sand coloured velour - matches the green well.

My other daily car, the old Commodore, is getting to be a bit of a pain for highway use and towing (can't really keep up), so this will at least cover those jobs. Drives quite nicely indeed, and what must have been quite a lot of power back in the day (and still is now). One could almost say that a 6.9 is excessive and un-necessary. :eek:

What annoys me is that the cash I've spent on this could have been better used elsewhere, or indeed on getting another 6.9 roadworthied and as a daily. Still, perhaps I'll learn something from this little adventure.

Now lets see if it starts after a month sitting in the carport, hemmed in by the dismantled car.....

Oversize

Grand Master
Very nice indeed!! Just black those tyres before you head out!! ;) Yes you must be very careful with these cars and your money. Get your priorities clear before you start throwing money at them...

BTW can I just say that YOU GUYS ALL SUCK because you live too far away!!!! :p;):D

WiSeGuYY

Very Nice green LUKAS and i agree with MICHEL it worth the money spent , must try it easy step by step and check the mechanical parts which i'm sure known like belts hoses etc, for safe trips and as MARK said tyres .

AGAIN MARK WHO LIVES FAR???? LOL

REGARDS

TAREK

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Lucas it looks nice have fun with that milage you should get years out of it :D