Stop/ start

More threads by sean sherry

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
An interesting Article in the MSN.com Search Engine Site.
Does the system save or cost in the long run ?

of course it does, otherwise they all won't be using it

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Ah, have you missed the point Michel ? In the long run is the cure worse than the disease ? Cost wise. Saves some fuel granted but at what cost $$$.

Heavy Duty Batteries and Starter Motors , coupled with Valve Train stress, etc, Ask Helmet about all the extra wear and tear.

Could be, that like energy used in the life cycle of cars, compared to the energy used to produce and recycle them is lesser. particularly fancy Hybrids ????

I know Manufacturers are under pressure to constantly reduce Emission. Easiest way is to reduce consumption by what ever means.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Ah, have you missed the point Michel ? In the long run is the cure worse than the disease ? Cost wise. Saves some fuel granted but at what cost $$$.
Heavy Duty Batteries and Starter Motors , coupled with Valve Train stress, etc, Ask Helmet about all the extra wear and tear.
Could be, that like energy used in the life cycle of cars, compared to the energy used to produce and recycle them is lesser. particularly fancy Hybrids ????
I know Manufacturers are under pressure to constantly reduce Emission. Easiest way is to reduce consumption by what ever means.

I did not miss the point, i simply did not address it :D
I have always maintained that manufacturers only care about selling new cars and selling parts to fix them.
Like you said, regulations forcing them to lower pollution and better fuel consumption are sending them scurrying to find solutions that will do for now.