New tyre placement

More threads by -bb-

-bb-

Noble
Looking for some advice and experiences regarding new tyre placement.

I have two worn out tyres on the back and two on the front with maybe another 10000k's in them.

I'm going to get two new tyres this week and am not sure whether to put them on the front or back.

I see advantage having the new ones on the front to help steering, especially in the wet, but I also see advantage to having the new ones on the back to help traction (turbo car).

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I concur with the Professor on replacing all four.

However, should you wish to keep a pair on, then I would put the new ones on the 'back' of a rear wheel drive such as your turbo charged Ford.

abl567

Super Moderator
I beg to differ, rubber has a high coefficient of friction with tarmac, air and tarmac does not, a slick requires more torque to break traction and more horsepower to spin fast enough to generate enough energy to be converted into heat and thus smoke.
But you knew that:D
Regards
Pendant:cool:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I beg to differ, rubber has a high coefficient of friction with tarmac, air and tarmac does not, a slick requires more torque to break traction and more horsepower to spin fast enough to generate enough energy to be converted into heat and thus smoke.
Regards

I concur....:eek:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
:
Regards
Butyougottaputoilontheroadsilly! Anywaywearenotreallytalkingracingslickssomuchasbaldtyres....:D
Regards,
Brian

abl567

Super Moderator
Like the tyres on the back of the Spirit? Silly me:D

OP
B

-bb-

Noble

Michel

The Prince of Arabia

You didn't gave to bother with other websites.
I explained it first ;) :p

abl567

Super Moderator
Place them both on the left side, with the concentration of roundabouts in capitown the wear will then even out:p