lower ball joint

More threads by arcijack

arcijack

Connoisseur
hello my fellow 69ers, question? my lower ball joints are fine, but one of the boots are torn to shreads, i called classic center here in calif. and ball joints are available for 335.00 USD each. are their any alternatives or suggestions? its is the ball joint on the strut. thanks again. (this is the only forum that i can get answers, when i asked questions on American forums they act as if i'm stupid, a little crazy maybe, but not stupid) thanks so much.

abl567

Super Moderator
As a start, join the M-100 group and receive 15% off that price:D

WGB

The ball joint covers have some commanility and the original ones are made from quite tough plastic and held in place by a metal circlip.

Any aftermarket ball joint cover that will fit will work but may need regular replacement.

The real issue is whether the ball joint is any good if it has been letting in dirt and water for a period of time.

Bill

Oversize

Grand Master
I read somewhere in the MB manuals on the struts that if the boot is damaged the ball joint should be replaced as a matter of good practise (and a precaution). If it hasn't been like that for long, you might get away with just a regrease (using molly grease) and an aftermarket new boot