6.9 uni joint

More threads by aussie 6.9

aussie 6.9

Noble
The uni joint in the center of my 6.9 tail shaft needs replacing . What is the best way to do this job as it is supposed to be non replaceable. Help please!

Oversize

Grand Master
There is no uni joint, it’s a bearing at the centre of a rubber mount. A common problem easily fixed but make sure you carefully mark the relationship bw the front and rear half’s (it’s a two piece tail shaft). Get it wrong & you’ll have to rebalance the whole assembly and risk having a vibration that won’t go away.

Helmet

Connoisseur
There is no uni joint, it’s a bearing at the centre of a rubber mount. A common problem easily fixed but make sure you carefully mark the relationship bw the front and rear half’s (it’s a two piece tail shaft). Get it wrong & you’ll have to rebalance the whole assembly and risk having a vibration that won’t go away.

There is a uni joint just behind the centre mount, it’s part of the rear section tail shaft. Find a good tail shaft rebuilder and they can change it for you.

OP
A

aussie 6.9

Noble
My 6.9 has a flex dic at either end of the tail shaft, a center bearing mounted in a rubber housing and next to it where the shaft bends a uni joint which needs replacing. Regards Aussie6.9

Helmet

Connoisseur
My 6.9 has a flex dic at either end of the tail shaft, a center bearing mounted in a rubber housing and next to it where the shaft bends a uni joint which needs replacing. Regards Aussie6.9

Yes , it can be replaced by a tail shaft rebuilder / balancer