Convertible 6.9

More threads by Michel

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Is that the same car that pops up for sale every 3 months or so?

And yes it is pleasant on the eye BB.

Bill

Not quite sure about the same car!

But there is no mention of wet weather equipment :rolleyes:

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
It's interesting because it's different, but body flexing in a 2 tonne car could pose problems in handling.

Somehow, I think I would prefer the 4 - door coupe version rather than the 4 - door roadster version.........

Styria

The Godfather
Hi SEL69L and others, which is the Coupe version ? Perhaps you could point me in the right direction. As far as the car itself is concerned........a very curious mixture of not so good and bad, as in undesirable.

Yes, it is the same car that seems to do the ebay circuit and I have lost track of what it has previously sold for - if indeed it did sell and, Michel, it does not have any wet weather, or even OTHER weather, protective covering. From a quality point of view, I am more concerned with the quality of the upholstery, or lack thereof, and the choice of pleats, and the method of sewing those pleats, leaves a lot to be desired. In addition, one should spot the poor fit of the centre console, and the quite ordinary condition of the gearbox console. It does make one wonder just what one could, or would, find once you start 'digging'. Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I don't know what the coupe version is. Maybe it is one of those photoshop versions that floats around from time to time? Leaving aside all the problems with this car, the lines of the conversion make it very appealing. It may well crack in half on the first speed hump but it looks very pleasing to the eye. Oh yes, the upholstery is done by an amateur and looks pretty dreadful!!
Regards,
Benz-Boy

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Bill, speaking of the electric rear seat option as on your 6.9 - I know there is some sort of reclining feature, but just how much does it recline...and ,if so, just how much more comfortable, if at all, is it ? I take it that it is still the normal bench type configuration. Maybe you might be able to dig up some photo of the rear seat in its reclined position ? Regards Styria

WGB

Here are a couple of old photos taken before the rear seat was re-upholstered

The first is full vertical

Rearseatverticalposition.jpg

The second is full recline

Rearseatfullforward.jpg

The difference is much more noticeable sitting in the seat than looking at it.

Other cars of the same era had this feature - I remember purchasing a new 1978 Mitsubishi Sigma and it had multiple rear backrest positions so maybe it was a fashion of the time.

Mind you looking at those old photos reminds me how much the interior of my car has improved in my 2 1/2 years of ownership. Here is a more current photo for comparison.

Rearseatfootrests.jpg

Bill

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Mind you looking at those old photos reminds me how much the interior of my car has improved in my 2 1/2 years of ownership. Here is a more current photo for comparison.
Bill

Looking pretty good Brother Bill.
Although I am not fond of black interiors, I find yours is pleasing to the eyes as the darkness of the black is 'broken' by the grey carpet.

Styria

The Godfather
Looking pretty good Brother Bill.
Although I am not fond of black interiors, I find yours is pleasing to the eyes as the darkness of the black is 'broken' by the grey carpet.

Hi Michel, if I may, I'd like to take a bit of credit for the choice of the grey carpet that's been fitted to Bill's car. When Chris, the previous owner sought my services to procure the carpet, I suggested that grey "could well be a good choice to interrupt the sobriety of the black interior". As it was, Chris agreed and I then procured the carpet for him from our favourite supplier, namely GAHH in California. So your sentiments are spot on. Regards Styria

WGB

With grandchildren, dogs and rural living black is a very practical interior colour - albeit a bit sombre.

The Gray carpet provides a pleasant lightening effect but is a bit of a buggar to keep clean.

Bill

Martin280s

Hi everyone, I know I've been absent from the forum for some time now but I changed jobs and have been really quite busy. Incidentally my current employer is WorleyParsons....from your neck of the woods!

Anyway, I seem to remeber reading that this 'cabrio 6.9' was involved ina serious accident, I know not whether it was before or after the conversion. However, I doubt the current owner has had much success off loading it. It is interesting to look at but I doubt it's practical, even as a daily classic.