$50,000 for a 6.9?

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
6.9 for sale on Carsales.

Sellers comments about the 6.9

This car has had a full restoration inside and out. It has brand new leather, new steering wheel and has had a full mechanical make over with no money left to spend. These particular cars are now rare and highly sort after. Only genuine buyers please.

Sure is top dollar for a 6.9!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/...Seats:Min,Max|EngineSize:Min,Max&sort=default

Last edited:

Tony66_au

6.9 for sale on Carsales.

Sellers comments about the 6.9

This car has had a full restoration inside and out. It has brand new leather, new steering wheel and has had a full mechanical make over with no money left to spend. These particular cars are now rare and highly sort after. Only genuine buyers please.

Sure is top dollar for a 6.9!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/...Seats:Min,Max|EngineSize:Min,Max&sort=default

50k? I doubt it. 30k tops and that's not just because he cant spell.....

CraigS

Maybe I should increase the price for the one I am selling ! Mine must be too cheap, and 50,000 km less than this one. Doesn't have a new interior, but you could put a new interior in mine for $5,000 and it would still be more than 200% less !

Oversize

Grand Master
For $50K I'd expect the rear centre armrest to be a little better. But the rest of the interior looks very nice. I don't know why you'd have a dash mat though and you'd hope it wasn't hiding the usual cracked dash.... Yes the pics are pretty poor with shadows, other cars and low lighting. You'd think they'd take it to a park where there isn't a busy background. I'd expect a pic of that M100 too....

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
A fully restored 6.9 'should' fetch $50,000, maybe more.

This is the money you get for a fully restored, desirable American car.

Alas, Benzes, even rare and wonderful 6.9s, don't bring that kind of money.

Not to mention his description was pretty poor and his photography appalling.

Good luck with the sale, but I'll bet NO one will contact him...

Last edited:

Tony66_au

Appalling is an understatement, the whole advert blows!

I suspect something fishy.............

To elaborate :)

Wifey: You have too many cars, Sell one!

Hubby: But the market is soft dearest, and which one do I sell?

Wifey: I don't bloody care, sell the one under the washing line!

Hubby: Yes dear!

So Hubby lists car, over priced, crap piccies adds spelling mistakes.

Car lists 3 times and wont sell even with slight price reduction and by this time wifey has gone off the boil and forgets so hubby gets to keep car!

I know of this practise which can also include listing car in wrong category......

Or the guys Dreeeeamin!

Oversize

Grand Master
That'd never happen! ;) Thanks Tony the GF just read that one over my shoulder.... FFS!!! :eek:

Tony66_au

That'd never happen! ;) Thanks Tony the GF just read that one over my shoulder.... FFS!!! :eek:

This Mark...... is why I never view the forum in 2 places, the Kitchen and the laundry.

But here's a hint for new players....

Hide your finds at a mates place, this allows both yourself and your mate to disclaim ownership of cars at random.

It works a little like this!

Wifey: Did you just buy another car?

Hubby: No dear, thats one of Ians.

Wifey: Why is one of Ians cars parked under the washing line in my backyard?

Hubby: Because his Wife/GF/Bedwarmer is far less understanding than you dearest darlingheart.

Wifey melts and hints at chocolate while espousing her virtues.

The trick here is to rotate cars regularly from their positions via cunning use of car covers, garage space and prime backyard parking spots, add slight of hand tactics for distraction such as "Oh look! Something shiny!" to derail suspicion and throw in the odd bunch of random flowers and cuddles and this can work for many years....

Styria

The Godfather
Well boys, you are obviously 'very' old hands in dealing with the female side and points of view when it comes to cars - well done, I dips my hat to both of you. BTW, what's happening to 'pussy' (i-Cat) these days ? She arrived like a tornado, but seems to have blown herself to a stand-still - any clues ? Regards Styria

Tony66_au

Thank you Styria, but my humorous rantings are probably more of a testament to the follies of man.

I know the above has been attempted because I have... in the past... been a co conspirator in such matters on more than one occasion and never actually having to have hidden a purchase from Jenn and knowing that attempting to do so would be sheer folly and sure to draw retribution of a not nice nature.

Mates cars I've hidden and "Stored", it usually doesn't end well though and although the Wrath of another mans wife is nowhere as bad as from ones own they do network...... So these days its a full disclosure household here and let the cards fall where they may.

Oversize

Grand Master
Long story Styria and I'm not one to kiss n tell (particularly when it's in cyberspace)! I gave a brief update a while ago, but it's buried in another thread somewhere. If I get a chance I'll send you a PM with a little more detail. She was certainly a breath of fresh air and I miss her dearly. Hopefully she'll return here someday.... It was a welcome change to have the fairer sex actively involved in TK and it should be more than welcomed. It's just a bit difficult when things don't go the way you expect... :eek:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Tony....

There is a future for you in story telling :p

Tony66_au

Thank you Michel,

I like a good story Michel, My first wife hated me reading to my boys when they were young because of my deviation from the story and the earthy sound effects :)

Apparently the sound of laughing children annoyed her.......

I used to do voice overs and I also read entire newspapers out loud for community radio which although tedious allowed for a bit of fun that kept the panel op's and producers on their toes as my role model was Uncle Doug Mulray and forums I guess are a good way to keep my hand in when the inspiration hits me.

And although my Grammar and structure isn't very good (For writing) I seem to make up for it somewhere, usually by being amusing.

I also used to write for Helium under my wife's name, usually How To's etc because their comedic writing area was not my style, I couldn't wrap my head around the guidelines and because in order to sell articles id have to write comedy for Americans.

Add a very full, diverse and interesting life and a Western European outlook on "Stuff" and you get Moi!

Not bad for a bloke who couldn't speak English until the age of 5 eh?

300SDude

So Hubby lists car, over priced, crap piccies adds spelling mistakes.

Car lists 3 times and wont sell even with slight price reduction and by this time wifey has gone off the boil and forgets so hubby gets to keep car!

I know of this practise which can also include listing car in wrong category......

LOL, my partners and I got our 300SD as a project, but I like it so much, I did list it at an outrageous price and purposely made mistakes in the ad. :cool:

If someone wants to pay me $10,000 for it, then I would sell it, but I doubt it will ever go for that, and mine has new paint and interior (seats only) as well, lol.

300SDude

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
LOL, my partners and I got our 300SD as a project, but I like it so much, I did list it at an outrageous price and purposely made mistakes in the ad. :cool:

If someone wants to pay me $10,000 for it, then I would sell it, but I doubt it will ever go for that, and mine has new paint and interior (seats only) as well, lol.

300SDude

Don't sell it Dude....

You'll regret it and cry over it :eek:

Styria

The Godfather
We're a bit off topic, but what the heck ! I reckon in Dude's case, there's no need to worry about him disposing of his beloved 300SD - I daresay, there would now be a two meter wall of the white stuff in front of his favourite shed, with the 'baby' hibernating inside.....

...and Tony, I love your musings and the little anecdotes that you spread out so succinctly on topklasse.....

....Mark, what can I say - I feel your pain from a thousand kilometers away....

Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Thanks Styria, this year has been full of twists n turns and things have happened that I could've in no way foreseen. Fortunately things seem to be straightening out now and I'm on a far more even keel. Yes my foundations were rocked to the very core, but they're stabilizing now in small steps forward. I think I can finally do all those things I've been talking about; and actually enjoy it too! :) Your support is much appreciated. In fact in some ways TK has kept my sanity, since I could do very little in my shed up until now.