What is Councours Condition?

More threads by Tony66_au

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Sorry, I meant a minimum standard that needs to be met before you can actually enter the Concours.

As for fantasizing, I think you may find that controversies are far more common than you are aware of.

And as for dog shows, don't get me started on that subject :eek:
No - anyone can enter an eligible car regardless of its condition. However, it must meet the minimum pointscore before it becomes competitive.
Controversies are so frequently like conspiracy theories that I don't bother with them. They can't be considered very ZEN, can they?;)
Mind you, I would ban all trailer queens from entering. In some International RROCA Concours entrants must first drive their car around a set course with a judge as a passenger to ensure the car actually performs and to rule out the silly situation I have seen where a team of employees is brought out with toothbrushes to clean the tyres of what is essentially a static display. In Aust. we do not allow cars to arrive by trailer - they must enter the field under theor own power.
Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Any car can be entered in Concours judging.

However...

If the car is not 'fit' to be in that category, it's going to be very disadvantaged.
For example if it has too many modifications, then it will not be in the running.

Modifications can be colour or even type of paint (if you're into classic, vintage, veteran...)

The number one rule in entering a Concours is to have a vehicle that is as 'original', 'authentic', 'unmodified' as possible.

Cleanliness and condition simply give you extra points.

MR028

The MBCNSW has Concours classes on its webpage but not rules or judging sheets.

Regards,
Brian

Actually this is not completely correct. While there are no judging sheets, MBCNSW has not only its Concours classes, but information on its Awards, Conditions of Entry, and Judging Criteria with a detailed description of what will be assessed all available on its website. It is all available as a pdf download together with the Concours entry form (designed so entrants will hopefully read it!). See http://www.mbcnsw.org.au/concours.php

Additionally any entrant may request their judging sheet after the event and it will be supplied so that they can see how they were scored, and where they might need to improve next year.

260ebenz

Master
I have to concur with Matthew here is correct!

As someone who is a 2011 Concours Runner Up Award & Trophy winner I did receive a judging sheet at the end of the Concours.

I also received a judging sheet for the 2010 Concours as well.

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Actually this is not completely correct. While there are no judging sheets, MBCNSW has not only its Concours classes, but information on its Awards, Conditions of Entry, and Judging Criteria with a detailed description of what will be assessed all available on its website. It is all available as a pdf download together with the Concours entry form (designed so entrants will hopefully read it!). See http://www.mbcnsw.org.au/concours.php

Additionally any entrant may request their judging sheet after the event and it will be supplied so that they can see how they were scored, and where they might need to improve next year.

I was reading that very document a few nights ago!

Self explanatory and there is also a list of previous award winners.