What is Councours Condition?

More threads by Tony66_au

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Hmmm, Reading thee MBCNSW website and their Concours section I checked the results and what do I find?

Class 13 - 180 & 190-class 1983-1993; C-class 1993-1999; E-class 1985-1996

Best in Class
Matthew R********
1994 Mercedes-Benz E220C

Runner Up
Tim L*****
1990 Mercedes-Benz 260E

260ebenz

Master
Hmmm, Reading thee MBCNSW website and their Concours section I checked the results and what do I find?

Class 13 - 180 & 190-class 1983-1993; C-class 1993-1999; E-class 1985-1996

Best in Class
Matthew R********
1994 Mercedes-Benz E220C

Runner Up
Tim L*****
1990 Mercedes-Benz 260E

I know that bloke nice car as well!

MR028 has a nice Mercedes as well.

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Like the rest of us, Tim got there through sheer hard work and by tackiling problems one at a time.
The aim of September 23 is to help him go even further.
Regards,
Brian

Excellent!

Nice result Tim, Hope to see more hard work from you with the SE

260ebenz

Master
A WTF moment Tony why do you say that?

Hard work preparing the 260E for the Concours took me 3 attempts at the Concours third time lucky I guess.

Proud of my hard work with the car and my preparation.

I aiming to do even better at this years Concours when I enter the 300SE.

That is why the TK detailing day is a real bonus for me in fact all of us!

Cheers guys.
:D

E200K

Been there; done what? Are you going to tell us Mr 007?
People have been arrested for doing "it" in public.
Horses have been frightened by people doing "it".
Pray, sir, do tell!
Regards,
Brian

Concours. Been there, done that. Too political by half if you ask me. Throw in some bad judging and you have a recipe for disaster.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Concours. Been there, done that. Too political by half if you ask me. Throw in some bad judging and you have a recipe for disaster.
Ah yes - but did you win?
In some Clubs it is political. While I am president of my Club I will not enter the Concours - I believe it is unethical to do so. By the way, in my Club we keep all our scoring cards from our very first Concours just to keep a track of what we do and to ensure consistency.
That reminds me of another club where the winners were announced on the day and just as the winner of one class was about to be awarded his trophy there was a P.A. announcement alerting the gathered members to an error. The award would instead go to someone else (just happened to be the president.) That was appalling.
Regards,
Brian

E200K

This is not aimed at any particular club but I'm sure there are plenty of clubs out there where the committee members put themselves up as judges, enter their own cars and then wander around doing a bit of judging before declaring each others cars as the winners. That's what puts people of entering Concours.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
This is not aimed at any particular club but I'm sure there are plenty of clubs out there where the committee members put themselves up as judges, enter their own cars and then wander around doing a bit of judging before declaring each others cars as the winners. That's what puts people of entering Concours.
Possibly there is a perception of that - but I wonder if it truly happens?
Members would certainly see through something as obviously corrupt, one would hope.
Regards,
Brian

E200K

I've heard of it happening. Probably a good idea not to enter the RR Concours while positioned as club President. Eliminates any chance of people drawing the wrong conclusion if you were to win.

Does the RR club have a minimum standard that must be attained in order to be eligible for Concours?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Brian alas not always the case i had a simillar experience in the 90's it was not me but i witnessed members of the club board award prizes to there own cars and yet this other persons car was unplaced. The interesting thing was their car had just won most original class at the Summernats 2 months earlier. After that bad tast i decided to walk away from car clubs i may return one day just dont know when .Geoff :)

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Honestly? Who cares.

If I were to enter a car for judging id be there because I enjoyed the day.

Worrying about corrupt car show judges would just ruin the event for me which is why i leave committee BS to the committee.

Its human nature to question stuff but that's where it should end, go and enjoy the cars, the people and the atmosphere.

Life is too short

E200K

Honestly? Who cares.

If I were to enter a car for judging id be there because I enjoyed the day.

Worrying about corrupt car show judges would just ruin the event for me which is why i leave committee BS to the committee.

Its human nature to question stuff but that's where it should end, go and enjoy the cars, the people and the atmosphere.

Life is too short

Wise words but unfortunately very few car clubs seem to be void of politics.

Apparently model car clubs have concours days and the judging process can really get heated!

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Wise words but unfortunately very few car clubs seem to be void of politics.

Apparently model car clubs have concours days and the judging process can really get heated!

Ahhhh which is why a wise man starts his own club and populates it with other wise people and their families!

Clubs I have dealt with a bit, you should see Dog shows Simon.......

International Judges allegedly bribed with cash and sex, malformed dogs no longer suited to perform their original function, Titled dogs flogged around any champ show for points and judges favourites lol

And more recently genetically altered dogs with more desirable physical traits to over come cruelty laws preventing tail docking by introducing a gene fault from another breed into a breed to create the fault and then breeding back till the dog is "100%" pure breed again.

We are all mere amateurs stacked against these guys.

But I digress.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I've heard of it happening. Probably a good idea not to enter the RR Concours while positioned as club President. Eliminates any chance of people drawing the wrong conclusion if you were to win.

Does the RR club have a minimum standard that must be attained in order to be eligible for Concours?
Yes - minimum points must be obtained before an award is made as in the rules I posted earlier.
Gentlemen, with all the talk of shows and perceived problems, don't fantasize to the point where the exceptions and controversies are seen as the norm. Most competitions are well-run and transparent. The same goes for dog shows.
Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
Any event where the entrants are 'judged' has the potential for problems. That's why racing is much better; 1, 2, 3 across the line speaks for itself

E200K

Yes - minimum points must be obtained before an award is made as in the rules I posted earlier.
Gentlemen, with all the talk of shows and perceived problems, don't fantasize to the point where the exceptions and controversies are seen as the norm. Most competitions are well-run and transparent. The same goes for dog shows.
Regards,
Brian

Sorry, I meant a minimum standard that needs to be met before you can actually enter the Concours.

As for fantasizing, I think you may find that controversies are far more common than you are aware of.

And as for dog shows, don't get me started on that subject :eek: