Twin 2.5" Straight Back

More threads by SELfor50

SELfor50

Space was left for a couple resonators in case I get hassled at all... and I kinda feel i'll end up getting resonators.. ::)
Exhaust-UnderbodyView-1.jpg

And the one muffler
ExhaustRearView.jpg

It's preeeeeetty, pretty loud. :D:D:D

abl567

Super Moderator
I have the same on Six 3 with the resonators and even that is loudish:D

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

-bb-

Noble
Looks like a great job. Where did you get it done at?

Got a small hole in my exhaust as well is the rear muffler mount is stuffed. Wouldnt mind a bit more of a V8 burble...

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Looks like a great job. Where did you get it done at?

Got a small hole in my exhaust as well is the rear muffler mount is stuffed. Wouldnt mind a bit more of a V8 burble...

Fyshwick Exhaust. The guy's a top bloke. Know's his stuff for sure.

Do it... he re-did all the mounts as well etc.. and it's so much tidier now.

WGB

This is the system in my car (pardon the rusty towbar arm) and it is resonant enough for a middle aged hood without the freedom of a twin system - but I am still expecting a tap on the window from Mr Plod at some stage.

ExhaustSystem.jpg

They are not easy engines to muffle.

Bill

Styria

The Godfather
But, really, there is nothing quite like it - you do need some noise coming out from that exhaust otherwise, why would you want to have a 6.9 ? You know, you see that beautiful something walking on the foorpath and you put your foot down purposely - and you're hoping to see some sort of glimmer in her eye some fifty meters in the rear vision mirror - oh, bad luck boy, you been done again ! Well, the imagination is still working.

So you look at Cameron 's "piddly little exhaust" system - and you know exactly where the boy's coming from - Cam, as good as gold, I will need to hear that beast rumbling along in the near future - sure the 3rd January's no good ? Think about it. Regards Styria :D

same

Is there any hint of droning at cruising speed from an exhaust set up such as this, or does the presence of a resonator counter this ?

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

I did a highway trip on the weekend.. and there is a bit of droning. In fact it's present at almost all speeds.. :eek: But, with the stereo at the right level, it counteracts.

The resonators would help a bit with this, which at some stage i'm sure i'll be going that way...not yet though, summernats in about 3 weeks. :cool:

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Don't think I will get everything i'd like done in time for entry this year. But will be right for next year.

Will be out and about though. You gonna be down this year for it Michel?

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Don't think I will get everything i'd like done in time for entry this year. But will be right for next year.

Will be out and about though. You gonna be down this year for it Michel?

I will be visiting the Summernats to give it coverage in my magazine.
Probably go down Friday or Saturday for a few hours with my editor...

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Good stuff. Give me a buzz when you're coming down. I still have a steering wheel fo ryou! Actually I think I have 2 to choose from now.

I'll have a few things done by then too, you'll be able to see the new engine in the 690SE.

Cam.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Good stuff. Give me a buzz when you're coming down. I still have a steering wheel fo ryou! Actually I think I have 2 to choose from now.
I'll have a few things done by then too, you'll be able to see the new engine in the 690SE.
Cam.

You're on! ;)

John S

Having a resonator at the right distance from the head can improve the breathing and torque over a straight through system, as well as helping to moderate the noise.

You can calculate the distance needed to give the torque band you desire. If you cannot get the exact distance you calculate (knowing the distance from the exhaust valves to the manifold can be difficult), playing safe by going a fraction shorter and using a tapering joint to the resonator (such as you see used on motorcycles) spreads the effective rev band.