Purchase of new honda jazz

More threads by Styria

sean sherry

Master
Sad that I cannot convert you to a VW Golf Styria. But as a Euro fan I am sold on the the Chassis Engineering of Germany. I did have a Japanese Car a few years back , a Subaru Liberty Boxer Six , a suburb trouble free Car. Until I opened it up on the highway , at around 160 Ks/hr, . Did not have the rock steady road holding of a Mercedes. We have just returned from a trip to the Gold Coast in our 7 year old C 200, again rock steady at any speed , fuel consumption 7.3 Lts/100 Ks and no oil usage.

And yes, I agree Honda do make a very good product, horses for courses I guess.

I will buy the next Golf , a Mk 8 due next year, but not an Automatic, the dreaded twin Clutch. Private advice from the Service Department of a VW, Dealer.......... stick with a 6 speed Manual !!!!!!!!

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, I certainly cannot disagree with your reasoning and sentiments expressed in your post. Of course, suburban handling of the little Honda is up to what one could expect. Vice free, reasonably flat cornering at "careful" speeds, and quite honestly the car has not been any higher speed wise on the open road than the advertised limits. Just once or twice has it been up to 120-125 kms/hour. At those speeds, all seemed well.

Manual boxes are out for us - the one who must be obeyed changes gears ad hoc, irrespective of speed and choice of gear required. Regards. Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I thought the Jazz had a CVT so it doesn't change gears which may be a good thing if addhoc is how it is done.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Yes Geoff, at some stage prior to our purchase in 2013, Honda fitted CVT transmissions to the Jazz, and this type of transmission is again used in the latest Thai built versions. Somewhere along the line, and luckily so, our Jazz has a conventional five speed Automatic. BTW, good to see you putting pen to paper on TK. Hope that life is treating you well. Regards. Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Should I continue from where I had left previously ? Why not. Daisy, the name of the Honda Jazz as well as the little pooch that Julie purchased three years ago, is still a paragon of reliability. The little Honda has now topped the 60K. kilometre mark, and I am pleased to relate that, other than routine servicing, not a single item has had to be replaced.

The car is serviced by mechanics down the road from us, and he still maintains that it is like "new". I supply him with the full synthetic Nulon 10/30 oil, and his servicing charge comes to $99.00. That includes rotation of tyres and cleaning the inside of the alloy rims, oil and filter change, replacement of cabin filter, and that's about it. There has not been a single failure of any component. He did indicate that all tyres are due for replacement at the next service in September, so we have had five years of tyre life, and still a good portion of useable tread. Brake pads are still fine (hardly any wear), discs are unmarked and free of grooving - in short, I don't think we could have bought much better or reliable. At the moment, I am considering which tyres to purchase in due course - presently Daisy is fitted with Japanese Dunlops (165 by 15) and I would be interested in others' opinions regarding tyre choice. Dunlops again ? Kumhos ? Hankooks ? Michelins ? Any advice would be appreciated. Regards Styria