Portable Jump Starter

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
As I no longer trust the Battery in our 104 C Class i now carry a Jump Starter Pac. See At Kogan Web Site .Under "Centa" or Automotive sector.
It's a mini Unit, 12,000 M.AR Could fit in your Pocket.. but it works. I disconnected the Battery in our Mk V11 Golf and started the engine twice. No problem. Unit charge indicator leds were all still showing a full charge. Also will charge Mobile Ph. and Lap Top Computer. A handy travelling companion for $101 freight free.

>:p.S. a once a week top up on the Merc AMG Battery keeps it happy.
With each charge it now takes less time to be back to 100% full.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Excellent items these mini jump starters!

On a close subject.

I decided to give my old 1962 Chevy Wagon a good wash and a claying yesterday.

I had forgotten to disconnect the battery after the last time I used it (4 months ago) and was worried I'd have problems turning the monstrous 7.5 litre engine over.

Well, to my surprise, the AC Delco battery (purchased in 2016) kicked the engine like a mule and brought it to life within seconds.

Also my 500SL AMG does the same. I tend to leave it for months and then it will start instantly. I had also bought a new AC Delco battery for it last year (2016).

As a matter of fact, 2016 was the year of the battery replacement here :rolleyes:.
The Magna, CLK430, '62 Chev wagon and the 500SL, all had new AC Delco batteries purchased (and delivered) from Bebco Auto Parts at Auburn. (http://bebco.com.au/)

Great batteries and great service.

Styria

The Godfather
Michel, for many years AC Delco batteries have enjoyed a reputation second to none. Mind you, they have always been priced in the upper money bracket. Two or three 6.9 owners, some living on the Central Coast wouldn't consider fitting any other brand - but they were paying at least $320.00, and that was a number of years ago.

The last few years, I have purchased mainly the Delkor brand, with satisfactory results, plus also the Supercharge brand. Getting back to Sean's post, I am rather impressed by the battery pack that he bought. It really seems as though one should carry it in the car as a permanent companion, or I should say accessory. Regards. Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Just remember that with many cars you need to remove the ignition key before attaching the pack - saves the risk of spiking a vital ECU. You can insert the key after the pack is attached.
Regards,
Brian