Petrol?

More threads by BenzBoy

Tony66_au

The piece hasn't finished loading for me yet but i can say this......

Ethanol (Fuel grade) and old cars do not mix, E10 although a nice quasi environmental feel good juice comes in various qualities too and some of the mix's are not so kind.

But in a nutshell?

Plastics, Rubbers and other synthetic compounds used in your fuel systems will be eroded, dissolved or similar and mixed into your fuel then making their way to your engine with unfavourable results.

And as a bloke who keeps good mileage records on his cars even if you save 15 cents a litre you will barely break even when compared to 91 ron ULP from the likes of BP or Shell although in Victoria neither sell E10 fuels.

In Motorbikes too it causes jet blockages and similar issues as the synthetic compounds find their way to your engine in the fuel.

Ive tried it and I do not like it.

Tony

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Don't put E10 in your 4-stroke lawnmower either. The ethanol can separate during long periods of no use (e.g. winter) and evaporate off preferentially.

Your mower will prove very difficult to start.

Styria

The Godfather
Is there an official line or publication anywhere that deals with this fuel ? What sections or components of our 107s and 116s would be affected by the ethanol blended fuel ?

I normally use Ron95 or Ron98, but I see more and more Service Stations selling the E10, although I stay clear of it. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi not sure what needs to be changed on a w116 but this should give you some warnings Holden addvises not to run E10 or E85 in any holden manufactured before 2004 as they had to change the entire fuel system for export cars to markets that at that time sold ethanol based fuels as the alcohol rots all rubber fuel lines and seals.:D