motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
All I can say is Yum

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Ohhhhhhhhh :cool:

Well it is actually a TWO
Truck Week Out.

But after listening to the itinerary last week, I’d much rather be having a BBQ with you guys and relaxing.

Styria

The Godfather
My suggestion would something like meet at the MacDonalds on the M4 - go the M7/M2 and up to the Bells Line of Road. Possibly a Sunday morning with a start around 8am?
If we get enthusiastic takers I will organise; if not, it will be just a good idea that never grew legs ..
Others may have different routes to suggest?
Regards,
Brian

.....I was away - did anything ever eventuate from this discussion ? Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Please bring to GTG?
Much more interesting than a Benz. :eek:
Regards,
Brian

Captiva ? No ? Wonderfully reliable. On 180K. kilometres now, and one breakdown ever in 68K. and three and a half years. .....and it can be noted for thickness of paint unlike some other car..:D Regards Styria

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
No - but it is always still possible should there be some interest.
Regards,
Brian

I'd be up for a drive but weekend days are hard for me with small children. My wife is probably taking the kids to visit some of her relos for a couple of weeks around september this year so will have more time then.

outside of that, I normally go for late night drives once everyone else is asleep, but this probably doesn't suit anyone else!

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
since getting the DS back on the road I have been doing small improvements and using the car more. I also mounted an auxiliary electric fan like the fuel injected cars have. The other night I drove over the concord in the traffic and it was good to have it as a crawled through top ryde.

At some point I am going to need to get the hydraulic pump rebuilt as it is leaking more and more.

49004783951_e8404f698e_c.jpg

This is next to a friend's 72 DS21ie Pallas 5 speed.

The injected (i.e.) models use D-Jet, same as mercedes did in the period.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
One the most amazing vehicles ever produced.
Great pics :p

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I decided I wanted a dash light to show me when my electric fan comes on. Luckily I had a spare warning light on my dash - there is one for parking lights that are not fitted to my car. Would have been preferable if it were green, but it’s red. All I needed was some wiring and a spare bulb holder from my parts instrument cluster.

80075223-41-AE-4103-B708-BD9-B45666-FAF.jpg

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Haven't updated on My DS for quite some time on this forum. It's been pretty trouble free, and its by far the cheapest classic to own that I have.

In 2021 I had to put on a rebuilt hydraulic pump. It was still pumping ok, but had started to leak. This was putting oil on the brake disc, which is not ideal for stopping the car. The DS has inboard front disc brakes.

The ride had become pretty bad, so had the front sphere's regassed, and the rears rebuilt. Unlike the Mercedes with the similar system, the Citroen spheres are rebuildable - at least to about 1974. The CX and the very last of the D models went to disposable spheres.

It is now back to riding like a DS should.

French car day was cancelled again in 2022, so have not been to one for a while.