My Citroen DS21

More threads by c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Some may recall my DS was in a smash last september and its now being fixed.

Insurance was going to have to paint the front half of the car, and the paint job was not the greatest, so I am getting the repairer to paint the back part too.

29858751961_0660b0c155_c.jpg

The repairs are now done and the painting will begin soon

35455037946_48a9154dcc_c.jpg

35508770501_b9b61ab5e4_c.jpg

Now I need to pick the colour. The car is currently AC424 Rio Red. I find it too orange

The colours we were able to pull up on the computer were AC411 Rouge Carmin and AC424 Rouge Massena. I am leaning towards 424

http://www.nuancierds.fr/danchorama.htm

For more info:

http://www.classicjalopy.com/2017/06/citroen-ds-crash-repair-part-1/
http://www.classicjalopy.com/2017/06/citroen-ds-crash-repair-part-2/
http://www.classicjalopy.com/2017/06/citroen-ds-crash-repair-part-3/

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
I agree with you regarding the interior. Probably not to everyone's taste, but strangely appealing. It all depends a little on what was there originally. I'd imagine being the DS 23 version, leather would more than likely have been the original fitment.

Many, many years ago, I drove a DS 23 Sedan, and I was amazed at the torque of the 4 cylinder engine - superior to that of a Rover V8 on my favourite test track - the Comenarra Parkway.Five speed, solenoid operated gear change. Yes,it will always be in my memory bank. If I had the money, and thirty years up my sleeve, the Shannons Station Wagin would be right up my sleeve. Regards. Styria

260ebenz

Master
Not wrong about the interior of that Citroen Bryce!

Would that be the original interior for that model Citroen?

Your Citroen is coming along well all the best with the repairs.

I do have a soft spot for French cars!

Last edited:
OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I agree with you regarding the interior. Probably not to everyone's taste, but strangely appealing. It all depends a little on what was there originally. I'd imagine being the DS 23 version, leather would more than likely have been the original fitment.

Many, many years ago, I drove a DS 23 Sedan, and I was amazed at the torque of the 4 cylinder engine - superior to that of a Rover V8 on my favourite test track - the Comenarra Parkway.Five speed, solenoid operated gear change. Yes,it will always be in my memory bank. If I had the money, and thirty years up my sleeve, the Shannons Station Wagin would be right up my sleeve. Regards. Styria

The interior in some ways is a less tasteful throwback to the DS interiors of the 1950s and early 60s. I don't mind it though.

While a DS23, leather interiors were reserved for the Pallas package so never available on the safari. When new it would have come with targa (vinyl), or Jersey velours.

The DS23 with the 5 speed has a lot of get up and go and the high speed performance is aided by good aerodynamics. i drove a similar car and was impressed.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Bryce, if you are bored with your Goddess I would be happy to park her beside the Spirit. I particularly like the wagon but alas, there are too few pennies in the piggy bank.
As for the interiors, the French do have a certain style that rises above the mundane black on black on black. I think I would go for the leopard skin (so long as no real leopard was involved.)
A friend had his Bugatti trimmed in ostrich hide and it does look rather special.
Regards,
Brian

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Bryce, if you are bored with your Goddess I would be happy to park her beside the Spirit. I particularly like the wagon but alas, there are too few pennies in the piggy bank.
As for the interiors, the French do have a certain style that rises above the mundane black on black on black. I think I would go for the leopard skin (so long as no real leopard was involved.)
A friend had his Bugatti trimmed in ostrich hide and it does look rather special.
Regards,
Brian

I'm actually quite looking forward to getting my D back. They are a rather nice driving experience. It will be interesting to see the hammer price for the shannons car. Safaris command a premium as does the DS23.

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Mine is aluminium, probably the roof started its life on an aussie built ID19. Perhaps the only part that didn't rust away.

I also have an aluminium bootlid from a 55-57 DS19. The steel ones were notorious for rust.

I'm pretty happy with the colour compared to the more orange red it was.

260ebenz

Master
Hello Bryce well the Citroen is looking good all the best with the DS21 and please keep us updated about the car.

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I've got my DS back now. very happy with how it looks!

Next step is to re-assemble the rear part of the car:

35996839823_fc78da156a_c.jpg

I've also sourced some better c pillar trims to replace the wavy ones on my car:

35793992784_a53b6c11f0_c.jpg

One NOS one good used. My goal is to get the car back on the road before I have to go the USA mid October.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Assembly of the rear is only the penultimate step.
After that one, you have to invite us all for a test drive day.
Actually, that could be a fun event - a drive to somewhere for lunch and swap cars ....
Regards,
Brian

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
C107: Looking good!

BenzBoy: you always come up with those great ideas!