Mercules Rogue Nissan Skyline Thread

More threads by Mercules

OP
M

Mercules

Spiltting lanes
Well - the dream has ended... tomorrow morning I hand the keys for the Skyline over to Autotrans as a young gent from Western Australia has purchased it!

Big thanks to Cam SELfor50 for his invaluable assistance in performing some last minute road testing this evening (i think I have fixed that smoking tyre issue!)

Onto the next project............. :rolleyes:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well - the dream has ended... tomorrow morning I hand the keys for the Skyline over to Autotrans as a young gent from Western Australia has purchased it!

Big thanks to Cam SELfor50 for his invaluable assistance in performing some last minute road testing this evening (i think I have fixed that smoking tyre issue!)

Just MAYBE you might get back into a Benz?

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Just MAYBE you might get back into a Benz?

Well I know from the passenger's seat that it was a seriously fast car. I did see Mercules with his head under the bonnet of my Spirit muttering things like, "Yes, there's room for a turbocharger on that side and one on the other side and yes, we could get rid of that fuel head......"
Maybe the next project is going to be a supercharged Mini 850 just for the heck of it? :eek:
Regards,
Benz-Boy

SELfor50

Damn.. that thing is quick maaaan!!
Best part about it is, it's so farkn stealth. Full sleeper status. Loved it!

Cam, I think the smoking tyre issue being fixed was due to my extra weight (post oktoberfest). :eek:

Great work on the B&M Shift kit also, it's Awesome. It's given me ideas too.

Was blown away with the stopping capacity too. Coming down Epping road, Cam slammed the breaks on - it was the first time ever I was nearly able to "suck my own #$@%". :eek: :D

It's a great build, i'm sure you're sad to see it go Cam, but i'm keen to see the next Work of Mercules............ :cool:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well, there are other options here..... :D

If Cam (Mercules) doesn't want to invest in a car, but still wants to 'play' and make one go faster, I could possibly supply the vehicle...:p

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I have a 6.9 as everybody who needs to know already knows, BUT I also have owned a Skyline (standard car) for 19 years now, and it is very obviously the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned in all of my driving experience, which is 44 years. Parts for it now are dirt cheap and easily obtainable. Its market value is perhaps 500 bucks, BUT it has a complete maintenence record from new, has never been in an accident, and it has no rust in it anywhere, and has been regularly serviced every 6 months.

I originally bought when it 18 months old and it has been the family hack since then. The only really bad feature of the car is that it looks like a 760 Volvo............. Pity about that!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
The only really bad feature of the car is that it looks like a 760 Volvo.............

Is that a bad feature?

Or perhaps it's best feature :eek:

OP
M

Mercules

Spiltting lanes
Is that a bad feature?

Or perhaps it's best feature :eek:

Well... they are affectionately known as "the box"

To tell the truth I am looking forward to leaving the R31 Forum - its full 15 year old know it alls and dead beats - here is a quote I have taken from one of the threads that has gotten out of control...

"after all your bullsh!t and winding up, you finally hit the nail on the head .. you f@#k! asides from that you really have no clue about me. and i you.
im only a pr!ck to stupid limely little waste of bandwidth turds, just like you!
so dont sit there.. with your f@#kn smart arse look on your face thinkin your doing one scrap of constructive worth on this f@#kn forum.

its because I CAN. but .. yer .. f@#k yourself. lovely person. die"

Makes me appreciate the people on this forum more and more every time i read this tripe. It took another 2 days before a moderator stepped in and warned the members!

SELfor50

Best part is, half of it makes no sense. I'm sure in context it had some point - somwhere along the line. But yeah, way too much time on that dudes hands.

Just on the subject of your new vehicle list. Is there any plans in the works to put that there mountain bike of yours on boost?? :D

Styria

The Godfather
Well, there are other options here..... :D

If Cam (Mercules) doesn't want to invest in a car, but still wants to 'play' and make one go faster, I could possibly supply the vehicle...:p

Michel. if "the boy" (Mercules) wants to be a party to your daring dreams, I wouldn't mind joining in. Mind you, it remains to be seen what his next project is likely to be. If he happens to team up with SELfor50, you'd finish up with a twin cam arrangement and God only knows what that might lead to. :D Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Michel. if "the boy" (Mercules) wants to be a party to your daring dreams, I wouldn't mind joining in. Mind you, it remains to be seen what his next project is likely to be. If he happens to team up with SELfor50, you'd finish up with a twin cam arrangement and God only knows what that might lead to. :D Regards Styria

TWIN CAM.... hahahaha

Boom Boom Godfather

Well said...:D

Styria

The Godfather
TWIN CAM.... hahahaha

Boom Boom Godfather

Well said...:D

Well, I thought I'd crack a 'funny" for a change - not sure where it came from, or if every body appreciated it. I am glad you did - I rather liked it. Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master

"after all your bullsh!t and winding up, you finally hit the nail on the head .. you f@#k! asides from that you really have no clue about me. and i you.
im only a pr!ck to stupid limely little waste of bandwidth turds, just like you!
so dont sit there.. with your f@#kn smart arse look on your face thinkin your doing one scrap of constructive worth on this f@#kn forum.

its because I CAN. but .. yer .. f@#k yourself. lovely person. die"

I took the full 26 volume set of the Oxford English Dictionary from the shelves, dusted them off and opened up the relevant sections but alas, I am none the wiser as to the intent of the writer you quote. He was never in my class....
Regards,
Benz-Boy