Memnoch 0-100

More threads by motec 6.9

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Thinking of buying a action camera tomorrow and going to Wednesdays drags to get some decent video and making a proper video. With a few passes at the strip with the camera in different positions on different runs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

260ebenz

Master
Looking at the fuel gauge the 6.9 needs a drop of juice Geoff.

Not a fan of running these old Benz's low on fuel.

Look forward to the next video Geoff.
:D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
It had plenty of fuel Tim . Brian would know all about fuel consumption with a P11 . :)

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
At least 20 litres Tim filled today only took 72 litres. :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yep still fitted. Just bought action camera so I can film next time I go to the drags. Then I will wait till I fit 560 throttle body before going back Helmet. And Tim 98 is the only fuel I put in Memnoch. It was $1.45.3 today. It was just over $104 ok. But I don't really look as doing so is pointless in a 6.9 . You know its going to hurt so I just look for cheapest when I need to fill. As I said Fuelwatch is something I will miss when I leave W.A.

Oversize

Grand Master
Oh very impressive! But as previously mentioned too short.... So what action camera did u buy? GoPro??

Styria

The Godfather
Ahh, rev limiter :eek:

Ah, that's what I heard too - or was it an insufficient fuel supply ? It seemed to get the staggers just as the camera was being switched off. Regards Styria

N.B. Also, I reckon that a minimum of 2800 and 3300rpm should have been used when the brakes were released - that would have improved the time down to about 6.9 seconds. Also the sound was pretty spiffy - not unlike Gleaming Beauty. I still think that GB would show Memnoch a clean pair of heels - by at least 0.1 of a second to 100km/hour. That GB of mine - a real rush express these days ! Okay, back to dancing with the stars. Up Ricki Lee and Melanie Hooper - gorgeous women, spanking personalities. I even like Carmelo.

Last edited:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Ah, that's what I heard too - or was it an insufficient fuel supply ? It seemed to get the staggers just as the camera was being switched off. Regards Styria

N.B. Also, I reckon that a minimum of 2800 and 3300rpm should have been used when the brakes were released - that would have improved the time down to about 6.9 seconds. Also the sound was pretty spiffy - not unlike Gleaming Beauty. I still think that GB would show Memnoch a clean pair of heels - by at least 0.1 of a second to 100km/hour. That GB of mine - a real rush express these days ! Okay, back to dancing with the stars. Up Ricki Lee and Melanie Hooper - gorgeous women, spanking personalities. I even like Carmelo.

I don't think you are supposed to drink it neat, Styria! Add some water and sip slowly ....:eek:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark I bought a Kaiser Baas X80 as the Go-Pro are a little to expensive for me at the moment. (I don't think you are supposed to drink it neat, Styria! Add some water and sip slowly .... ) LOL :D. Don't worry styria I will give you a drive so you can make your own assessment as the car will be in Sydney for paint work. :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Now street drags are on in Perth every Wednesday night in Perth during summer months. Now I have camera I need to decide if I want to spend $55 to go racing at 6 o'clock tonight. If I do I will post video of the nights proceedings . I was going to wait till I fit 560 throttle body but may go sooner.:)

Oversize

Grand Master
I reckon that a minimum of 2800 and 3300rpm should have been used when the brakes were released - that would have improved the time down to about 6.9 seconds. Also the sound was pretty spiffy - not unlike Gleaming Beauty. I still think that GB would show Memnoch a clean pair of heels - by at least 0.1 of a second to 100km/hour. That GB of mine - a real rush express these days !

Yes u have to stall it up for a quick getaway.... I'd consider using a stronger spring on the rotor to (slightly) increase ur rev limit too

Oversize

Grand Master
But don't hold it too long cause a 6.9 will overpower the rear brakes & smoke the tyres or overheat the trans....