Information on this badge?

More threads by BenzBoy

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Thank you Des. I have emailed the site owner to inquire.
To date, all I can find out is that James Dean was supposed to have one on his Porshe when he crashed. Hardly a reason to display the badge is it? :eek:
A whole collection of weird and wonderful badges came with the Phantom but I don't believe the car actually did anything to get them so they are meaningless.
Regards,
BenzBoy

Des

I wouldn't use the word meaningless, it may have done a lap around the "ring"
and they were for sale there at the time.

Or the owner may have been in some flea market in the back streets of Dublin and saw it for sale in a box of badges and liked it.

who knows?

what other badges did she come with?

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Various motoring organisations and rallies in Sweden etc. However, the car has been here in Aus since 1938 so who knows where they came from. I still have to sort out all the bits and pieces....
Regards,
BenzBoy

Styria

The Godfather
Hi BenzBoy, isn't that the most exciting part of buying a classic and then sorting out all the bits and pieces just in case that you discover a rare find that you could then proudly display among other goodies you may already have - I love collecting things and whilst I may never do anything constructive with them, it is still nice to have them on hand. Regards Styria

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
That's true Styria - and one of the most exciting to date has been receiving a photo of the Phantom when it was new - from a gentleman in the UK who had read that the car had passed into new ownership. He sent me an email asking if it would be OK to send the photo and an article written on the car in The Motor. OK? Of course it was OK. :D
Regards,
BenzBoy