Concours preparation

More threads by 260ebenz

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
That's fine Michel glad you like the pics.

Motec I won the Runner Up Award at the 2012 Concourse.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Sorry forgot to say I did see Craig's 300 yesterday thanks for allowing me and my Nephew to open the door and admire the car.

The 300 looked superb yesterday Craig!

I did also see TK Member Sean and the 280SL looked terrific Sean.

Sorry I did not come over and say hello Sean.

I hope Craig & Sean you both enjoyed the Concourse yesterday?

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Brian I drove past a red Rolls Royce out near the Airport yesterday the car looked just like your Rolls Royce.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Okay I thought that was your car Brian and the Rolls Royce did look superb!

How was the Rolls Royce Club Concourse yesterday Brian?

Very happy with how the 300SE was looking yesterday a lot of hard work.

Let's see if I can go one step further next year and win Best in Class?

Attachments

• 300SE 2014 Concourse.jpg
    300SE 2014 Concourse.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 300SE Concourse 2014 (2).jpg
    300SE Concourse 2014 (2).jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 300SE being judged.jpg
    300SE being judged.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 4

CraigS

Sorry forgot to say I did see Craig's 300 yesterday thanks for allowing me and my Nephew to open the door and admire the car.

The 300 looked superb yesterday Craig!

I hope Craig & Sean you both enjoyed the Concourse yesterday?

Yes, it was a very pleasant day out ! Car went well and the weather was certainly better than last year. Styria picked up an award, as did Tim, so all in all, a successful day for TK members.

Styria

The Godfather
Childish? stupid?
We all do it... (I mean the guys with the serious engines). :p :p :p :p

Glad you had fun Godfather.
Sorry to hear about missing out Tim.

Well, I'm still in the office catching up on work. :eek:
I obviously did not make either of the Concours. :rolleyes:

Rightly or wrongly, I have always felt that 6.9s should have been a little different to the other models from whence leaving the factory, such as two tone colour as standard feature, sonorous exhaust etc. etc. They were known, certainly by one magazine or tester when new, as the Banker's Hot Rod. But that's as far as it went in establishing an enviable reputation such as had been attained by the Ch. 109 6.3, which was always regarded as THE HOT machine to come out of the factory.
My simple modifications have transformed GB into an entity that now fulfills my desires and, dare I say it, aspirations. One Club member certainly heard GB coming when I arrived, with 1st gear engaged - only 3000 rpm by the way. I made sure that I was heard when I left - mind you, no one has yet rung to express their appreciation of GB's get away crescendo. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I reckon that my thinking is on the right path, childish, idiotic notwithstanding. Look at what AMG have been doing for years, plus other tuners. Listen to any AMG modified Mercedes, and I know that my ideas have some merit, and AMG are not the only company creating sporty sounds. How about Maserati and a number of other manufacturers pursuing more power, more sporty exhaust note - the quest is never ending. BTW Michel, you did miss a good day. As they say, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy ! Nothing personal, but as you know, if one wants to do things badly enough, they will do them. Regards. Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And just when you though it was safe to turn the volume up. :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
BTW Michel, you did miss a good day.
As they say, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!
Nothing personal, but as you know, if one wants to do things badly enough, they will do them.
Regards.
Styria

Dull maybe... but that's life. :eek:

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
2015 Concourse winner?

Waiting to receive my Concourse score sheet so I can see where I can make improvements.

Attachments

• 300SE Concourse 2014 (3).jpg
    300SE Concourse 2014 (3).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 5

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Maybe they didn't like the colour . As everything else looks up to standard. :eek:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Concours competition is very steep - and winning is NOT easy. To win is to present a car that is probably better than when it left the factory. Every thing under the bonnet, for example, must be sparkling new in appearance - and that is very difficult to achieve. There must be no missing paint, all decals in place, no oil dribbles and not even dust ...
Hard but achievable - and best to take the motor out to clean it.
Tim - you have never given us an up-close photo of your engine in full sunlight. Do you have such a photo?
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I am aware its tough never having done concourse but having had several show cars same excellence is required to place. :D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I used to wash everywhere . Even went as far as having a set off new leads and distributor cap to fit only for shows. Bushes under car wiped with silicon before show. And you know the rest . Show cars as in I have a few Summernats trophies mean a lot of hard work . So very much like concourse with classic cars. :D

Styria

The Godfather

I did enjoy, Geoff, although it is difficult to really judge the effective sound in the conditions in which you have shot the video. Your car sounds similar to GB, but I am confident that GB would pass any regulatory noise test. Plus, in addition, during everyday and normal city/suburban driving, the interior noise level is quite acceptable. Regards Styria