Colour schemes

More threads by BenzBoy

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
There has been much discussion here about colour and colour schemes. This one epitomises 1950s stylng and colour - why can't I buy a new Benz like this?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1955-Che...-/270878006492?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3f11965cdc
Regards,
Brian

You can Dear Brian.

Mercedes Benz will build you just about anything in any colour as long as you are prepared to pay for it and wait for it!

It's probably the only mass production car company in the world that still does that.

Styria

The Godfather
You can Dear Brian.

Mercedes Benz will build you just about anything in any colour as long as you are prepared to pay for it and wait for it!

It's probably the only mass production car company in the world that still does that.

No, Zatopek are into the refurbishment business too these days. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Because Brian........... The bad taste police would come and get you in the night.

Freakin Continental kits, Sheesh.

Comme on Tony.....

Continental kits are simply great....
Just 'cause you don't like them :rolleyes:

These are some of the gorgeous originals
CollectionLarge.jpg

And now for the odd ones
Collection-2Large.jpg

Oversize

Grand Master
MB did a continental kit on the W116 for the US market. Unfortunately it was on the back AND the front!! I think they called it their Pedestrian iSafety Guarantee (PIG) system!! Yuk...... :eek::eek:

Oversize

Grand Master
I like the colour of the interior, but it seems it got outside! Silver and orange looks better in my opinion.

Tony66_au

Thats reminds me, I saw a W123 in 2 tone Orange and old english white and it changed the car completely.

I had to look twice to make sure it actually was a Benz and although the work seemed well done it just didnt sit well with me.

260ebenz

Master
Brace yourselves the colour of this MB is going to shock you!!
:eek:

Not a colour scheme this one is a colour scream!

PinkMercedes.jpg

See I told you would be shocked...

Last edited:

260ebenz

Master
Why fit roll bars to a pink car?? and the car has no doors the hole in the grille is a good look!
:rolleyes:

300SDude

Oversize

Grand Master
Gee Barbie's car's really looking secondhand now. She must be the same, as she's not a spring chick anymore. Probably why's she's not in the pic.... ;)