British Day Canberra

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Canberra would give Kings School event a run for its money. Not in sheer size but in the variety of pre and immediate post War models
. A row of Lagondas and Armstrong Siddleys for instance. Plus many others. well worth the over night trip.

abl567

Super Moderator
When is the event Sean?

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
It was today Old Boy.... :eek:

abl567

Super Moderator
Oh, must get my act together:eek:

Styria

The Godfather
It would seem that the status quo, or this situation, seems to happen with the Mercedes Sydney Club as well. It's been some years since I attended the Canberra Concours, but the variety of cars and models, particularly older types seems to be a step or two above what we have.

Mind you, if one analyses this year's display at Tempe in more detail, there were in fact some really beautiful cars on display - and in well neigh perfect condition as well. So, I guess one shouldn't really complain.......The 6.3 Coupe that I displayed on behalf of one of my customers carried off best in class, and his Silver Grey 600, although not a winner, certainly attracted much attention on the day. Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Well yes Styria, they are all worth while. I for one, am always pleasantly surprised at the numbers and variety of Cars, Trucks, machinery, etc, that are at the Country areas displays. The Blacktown? Steam Rally comes to mind. It has everything. (Is Blacktown correct ?)

Styria

The Godfather
Ahem Sean, there are no more black sheep......only white ones. :confused: Wasn't there someone not so long ago who thought that the BLACK part of TOWN could be deemed offensive or racist and suggested a change of name ? Regards. Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Maybe it is Campbell Town Steam Rally ????????
When I lived in America in the early sixties Coffee was either "Regular" or "Coffee without milk" never Black.
But better not to go there, discussion I mean.