AUSTIN 3 litre

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Why have I provided space for this car in our Talking Torque section ? Firstly, rarity. Secondly, I have only ever seen one in real life, and quite frankly I was impressed by its looks and presence. Thirdly ? I have saved the cut outs for years, so I may as well put them to good use.

Attachments

• THE FORGOTTEN AUSTIN_NEW.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 10
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi BenzBoy, its frontal appearance really reminds me greatly of the Lancia 2000 Coupe - many, many moons ago, it was a dream car I wanted to buy :D - one of many that I would take a fancy to. I even had me heart set on a Fiat 2300S (Coupe), but honestly its steering was that heavy, I was hard pressed to turn the steering wheel in parking situations. This Austin also reminds me a little of the Austin Westminster - also a car that I have always had a soft spot for.

The 3 litre engine in this Austin was also used in the Austin Healey (look at what they are selling for today - $80K. plus), and also in the MGC Coupe - a lovely, and much underrated, car. Regards Styria

260ebenz

Master
What about the French car Facel Vega now there is a classic car agree or disagree?

There is has been a magnificient Facel Vega on display at the Hawks Nest/Tea Gardens Motorfest a very rare car!

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Agree Timmy, one of my favourites. If you have a picture of the car you are referring to, why not commence a separate thread dealing with Facel Vegas ? Regards Styria