Accident Repair Costs

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Yaris is the most expensive car on the road for accident damage repairs according to the NRMA 70.8% value of the car.

Damage bill fetches $13,440 for repairs OUCH!
:eek:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Tim if damage hits 80% of value the car is a write off just so you know. Geoff PS does this mean you have had a mistake in your Yaris Tim. :eek:

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
Is that why most Yaris drivers are so slow?? They're paranoid about a fender bender!!! LOL! ;)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Tim just so you know Toyota is Volvo spelt backwards LOL . Geoff :D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
About the joke why not . But if she was involved in an icident then i hope she is ok. But Toyota have allways been at the higher end for parts pricing. Geoff

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
About the joke why not . But if she was involved in an icident then i hope she is ok. But Toyota have allways been at the higher end for parts pricing. Geoff

No worries Geoff it was a funny joke I should not laugh at the joke but it was a rib tickler.

Bev my Mum is the owner of the Yaris a few years ago Mum unfornately backed into ute parked in the driveway.

Back of the boot was damaged Mum was a little shaken up but otherwise fine.

Yaris was repaired Insurance covered the cost and no damage to the ute or the owner of the ute.

I washed & vacuum the Yaris I often drive the car.

I find the Yaris underpowered it has a 1.5ltr VTTI 4cyl engine, auto gearbox.

Look Mum is happy with the car that's what counts.

I like Mercedes but of course I am biased when I say that!

Cheers.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I have a number of friends who own a Yaris or a Corolla and they are all extremely happy with them. They provide easy driving, easy maintenance and are totally reliable. Those criteria fulfill the needs of many people.
Enthusiasts may prefer something else but then we have plenty from which to choose.
Satisfaction with what you have is an art in itself. (Yes, I'm feeling a bit Zen today.)
Regards,
Brian

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I have the original press release from the NRMA and it's posted on my magazine website
http://www.bodyshopnews.net/index.p...&id=626:walking-pace-smash&catid=41:main-news

please read the disclaimer at the bottom
Purchase price based on Recommended Retail Price (including GST) as quoted from Glass's Guide July 2012 publication.

Meaning these prices are the ones quoted when a wood duck walks off the street and asks for a part without asking or requesting a discount.

It is NOT the price most insurance companies pay, nor is it anywhere near the price of aftermarket parts that are so prevalent on the open market.

Oversize

Grand Master
When I had a Toyota I found the price of parts not much better than MB prices!! :eek:

WGB

As the owner of a Honda Jazz which is dearer to repair than a Yaris I can assure you it will be the insurance company's problem not mine if it happens.

Insurance rates still seem quite reasonable and are about a quarter of what I pay for my M-B's and if they want to write it off after a little bingle I will cheerfully go and buy a new one.

Bill

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
As the owner of a Honda Jazz which is dearer to repair than a Yaris I can assure you it will be the insurance company's problem not mine if it happens.

Insurance rates still seem quite reasonable and are about a quarter of what I pay for my M-B's and if they want to write it off after a little bingle I will cheerfully go and buy a new one.

Bill

In NSW there is no more the option of a Repairable Write Off, which was insurance lingo for Economical Write Off.
Hence all cars that are written off are labelled Statutory Write Off, never to be registered anywhere in Australia.

So now, the Insurance companies have to repair more often and haggle about prices. :p

WGB

Hi Brother Michel,

I am sure that is true in WA as well with the exception that the WA Govt excluded a large number of cars that went through the hail storm of a couple of years ago.

You still see the cars with dents who were either not insured or who took their money and kept driving.

Bill

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Brother Michel,

I am sure that is true in WA as well with the exception that the WA Govt excluded a large number of cars that went through the hail storm of a couple of years ago.

You still see the cars with dents who were either not insured or who took their money and kept driving.

Bill

Hello Brother Bill,

In WA you still have repairable write-off.

Those hail damaged vehicle would have also been deemed repairable write-off.
The policy holder would have been paid and the car uninsured until repaired and re-inspected.