450slc 6.9

More threads by motec 6.9

Oversize

Grand Master
Motec that just blew my mind!!!! :cool: And it even has SLS!!!! Only three things could possibly make this better; cold air intake, the steering wheel on the correct side and ME owning it!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! Just to die for; I'd rather this than even a new 6.3!! :cool:

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
0 - 100 km/hr for a standard 500 SLC is 7.8 sec. with 4 speed autobox. The standard 500 SLC tips the scales at 1515 kg.

0 - 100 km/hr for a standard 6.9 is 7.4 sec. A standard 6.9 tips the scales at 1935 kg.

If this car has alloy panels and a 4 speed autobox and without hydraulic suspension, it should weigh around 1650 kg.

My guess for 0 -100 km/hr would be around 7.0 sec. I notice that the air intake is not so restrictive as in a standard 6.9. and I would really like to know what other engine mods. have been made.

I can't calculate it exactly, because I don't know what the proportional constant would be; I have only guesstimated here. That comes from testing.

For the same vehicle weight, if you wish to cut the acceleration time in half, you have to proportionally cube the horsepower.

T/2 prop. to hp cubed.
Applies to all sorts of engineering applications. (aircraft, marine, automotive, etc.).

Last edited:

WiSeGuYY

Hey MARK,

So you like 450 slc better than 6.3 NEW ?

So you ARE speed motivated ... anyway that was the real model which inspired the w116.

I still vote For 6.3 and PAUL BRACQ .

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark & Tarek speed cost how fast do you want to go:eek:. I personally ride a current model 2008 Suzuki Hyabusa fitted with Yoshi pipes and powercommander computer that has been dynoed at 206 at the rear wheel. It has gone down Kwinana Motorplex here in Perth in low 10's at over 240kmh over the Quarter mile :D . Which i am hoping to go under 10's in the new season on the strip as i have improved the rider not the bike ie i have lost 30kg's:)

WiSeGuYY

Hi MOTEC

GOOD LORD , i know HYABUSA is a fast bike , i won't allow my son even to have something like that , it is rocket thing for race track , lucky we don't have such a track in my country . hope you enjoy racing with this bikes but me i am satisfied with cars.( can't even drive fast like when i was young) .that show of my intention for having the S class collection.
my daily driver is BMW X3 , the AMG C300 is my wife's driver.

REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
I suspect that this is a well known conversion that's been undertaken by this guy Stefan in Germany. I have reason to believe that Ron Bunting (Mercmad) knows him well. If I recall correctly, I have read details of the amount of work required to install the dry sumped M100 6.9 engine, and it is a formidable task. I am not sure how fast it would be acceleration wise, but it'd be far from 'slouchy' - anybody like my new word ? :D Anyhow, one thing worries me about this conversion - I'd refer you to the nose down front suspension. I'd go so far as to say that one could not use this car as an every day driver as youj'd destroy the front guard/spoiler and perhaps the tyres at the front - at the rear, burn-outs would be ridiculously easy. Regards Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi styria all 4 cars that i have posted belong to Stefan aka Dr Q and yes you are right about him being a friend of Ron B:D ps when doing a search for these photos i found pictures of the slc6.9 going around the green hell :D

Oversize

Grand Master
Something tells me that this car only has SLS on the rear; there seems to be only one pipe coming from the control valve. Wish this one was on Youtube.... :rolleyes: