300 adenauer

More threads by motec 6.9

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Just Awesome...

I am very much into Rat Rods..:D

Styria

The Godfather
Sorry guys, not my cup of tea. Once you have seen the elegant interior of one of these cars, the "Rat Rod" (is that what it is - what is it ?) leaves a lot to be desired. Regards Styria

CraigS

Just imagine driving it from Cairo to Giza and around the pyramids ! It would look OK at Mena House though !

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Craig, as you said, the picture may not be all that great - well, it shows very little, doesn't it, :D but you get the idea what I am talking about. The interior on these models is magic, as is the rear suspension ride, and as a matter of interest, front disc brake calipers are the same as on the ROVER 3500 Auto and S (manual) model range. It is true, and probably unknown to many. Regards Styria

WiSeGuYY

Hey CRAIG ,

LOL i just write CAIRO and never cross my mind that many of you guys know much about here , but practically speaking i am dead wrong, i live very close to mena house , so it is GIZA for you .

eventually there is one famous ADENAUAR a very nice one here.

REGARDS

TAREK

WiSeGuYY

Dear GODFATHER

PLEASE please please don't compare ADENAUER with ROVER , with ALL RESPECT , simply it is in other level .

Rover since they sold the production line to be produced in INDIA they got some fame and recognition in some parts of the world (apart of ENGLAND and EUROPE) and when they start producing the Japaneese HONDA i think it was starting its mid size lines ,lost its scent as luxury cars ( my thoughts)

Though HONDA is producing the Luxury line ACURA in the USA but ROVER not having the same success as BENZ ( not even close) in many part of the world, of course i donno what about down under.
I'm SURE Godfather , MICHEL , MARK and BRIAN and the Experts of TOPKLASSE
can reveal more professional view on the matter.
REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
HI Tarek, as indicated in the other thread on the Adenauer 300, we are talking different periods. I certainly agree with you that Rover's story is not one of success and, in realty, it was the Rover SD1 that commenced the demise of Rover, and any collaborations with Honda and BMW were nothing but short lived Band Aid solutions. It was most unfortunate that the British Press also killed the Rover 75 - they expected the car to handle like a sports car, and that was not its designated purpose.

However Tarek, sit back for one moment or two - have you seen the interior of one of those 75's ? If you have, don't you agree that the perceived quality of furnishings and finish are quite exemplary ? I have never driven this model, let alone owned one, but on the surface there is nothing that would stop me from having one in my garage. Also, assess its exterior shape - very lithe, and elegant in spades, a little like a smaller version of a Bentley, better looking than the Jaguar Mark II look alike drone of that period, and it would not suprise me if Bentley copied the rear styling of the Rover, although Benz Boy might disagree with my assessment. Regards Styria

N.B. The Rover 3.5 Coupe gave very little in styling to Mercedes of that period - sure they did not have any 'real Coupes, but the styling and interior finish had held up very well for a period of ten years.

I invite you to take a look..........

AllBritishDay-2011044.jpg

Also, you may wish to have a look at a thread that attracted just about no attention at the time....

http://www.topklasse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2687

Last edited:

CraigS

Hey CRAIG ,

LOL i just write CAIRO and never cross my mind that many of you guys know much about here , but practically speaking i am dead wrong, i live very close to mena house , so it is GIZA for you .

eventually there is one famous ADENAUAR a very nice one here.

REGARDS

TAREK

First time I went to Egypt, I stayed at Mena House. A friend knew the manager of the hotel and got me a great room in the old lodge part of the hotel I could lie back in bed and see the pyramids through my window.

I don't know if you have seen a photo om my Adi since you are a relatively new member, so here is one

DSC02012.png

WiSeGuYY

HEY CRAIG

GOOD LORD , one of the best ADENAUER i ever saw , this is the ULTIMATE DREAM CAR .

In other hand , if there is a remote chance to come to Cairo please let me know and i'll take you back to the PYRAMIDS & SPHINX area and invite you in Mena House too.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
WOW! How clean is that?? :cool: I know nothing about these; what type of engine's in the MB?