eBay: 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series

More threads by 300SDude

300SDude

BenzBoy

Grand Master
This could be the car for you Mr Dude.
I understand it is currenly -1 in Hunter WA so you need a project in the barn to keep you occupied and out of harm's way - at the very least, a trip to California wil warm you up.
Regards,
Brian

OP
300SDude

300SDude

LOL, I am originally from Southern California and lived there for 25 years. I like it a lot more up here in the mountains away from the crazy city people, lol.

The last time I was down there was about 3 years ago when my Dad died, and I actually cut my trip short by a couple days because I couldn't wait to get out of there. If I never see California again, it won't bother me one bit. :p

As for barn projects........I have several things going on, besides, if anything, I would spend the time doing little things to my 116 rather than working on a whole new project. (Unless someone wants to buy my 116 for $10,000......then I'll buy into another project Mercedes).

We are in the process of converting a 23ft. travel trailer into a workshop for my partners Dad to do his woodworking stuff in at his house, so that kind of has priority. (If anything, to get it out of the way in my shop)!

I just love the lines on this particular car, and LOVE the wood.

300SDude

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Quite a nice project.
Although I find black and silver very harsh colours on the soft lines of this early 300

WiSeGuYY

HI DUDE

that adenaur 54 300 is pritty car indeed , plus you can't compare it with w116.
As MICHEL said the colors are not nice but i would make it all black.

the value of this car is much more than this.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
300SDude

300SDude

Yeah, I would go more with one solid color. Most likely, silver.

OMG, I was looking on eBay yesterday and posted an ad in here for a fairly cheap 116. It had a VINYL top on it at one point! I just can't imagine having a vinyl top on mine, but from the way the trim looks between the rear window and the rear rain gutters by the door, it looked factory. Has anyone ever known of ANY Mercedes that came factory with a vinyl roof? Myself, I think it would be very tacky looking, unless it was painted purple with a white top, cheetah skin seats and fur on the dash. My new name would be Pimp Daddy MB, lol.

300SDude

WiSeGuYY

LOL DUDE , that is fairly describe the GETTO DUDE CAR of the HOOD don't forget to put those pumping shocks , rotating wheels and that wild sound system wearing those gold braclets and try to visit costa mesa and scream RODNEY KING.

REGARDs

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
LOL DUDE , that is fairly describe the GETTO DUDE CAR of the HOOD don't forget to put those pumping shocks , rotating wheels and that wild sound system wearing those gold braclets and try to visit costa mesa and scream RODNEY KING.

REGARDs

TAREK

Tarek, I like this post of yours, but what is it all about ? :D Don't worry to explain, it's okay as it is.

BTW, that 300 Black and Silver - what a crass way of buggering up a beautiful car. I don't think that all colours suit the Adenauer shape. Certainly not red or yellow, but green yes, white - just okay. Can't think of any others readily. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia

REGARDs

TAREK

Very Funny TAREK.... Very Funny :p

Oversize

Grand Master
This one is a good example of how NOT to paint your car..... :eek:

WiSeGuYY

Hey GODFATHER ,
My post was completing DINNIE ( DUDE) visualizing the history of that W116 which aperantly lived a gangsa life in the GHETTO , there is in the USA media a program called PIMP MY CAR - i donno if it runs also in Australia but it take cars and really turn it to meet the rappers and KIDs of colored americans ( MOSTLY) by adding few gadjets which i mentioned few , Sorry GODFATHER but it was black humor ( MICHEL due to the fact he lived in CALI he spot it) but it was a joke finishing what DUDE starts

REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
Honestly Tarek, no need to explain yourself - I love your posts, full of hidden humour and so well written. I can't ask for more ! Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
LOL GODFATHER , you are dear to me , you make me BLUSH

REGARDS

TAREK

If I make you BLUSH, Tarek, you must be some distant relation to RED PIGLET. :D ......plus, I have never known an Egyptian to blush. Regards Styria

OP
300SDude

300SDude

Pimp My Ride was the name of the show, and it mostly aired on MTV. I had watched it a few times since it had to do with cars, but yea, they put a bunch of stupid gadgetry into vehicles that pretty-much would deem it useless as an everyday car. Seriously......why would you put 6 TV's in a 2-door coupe? An espresso bar in the trunk........just a bunch of useless stuff to see if they could do it. Granted, in the end the cars looked really nice and are probably worth more since they were featured on the show, but I don't see the practicality of having all that crap in a car.

LOL, I hate the newer cars we have for all the computer crap that is involved in it. I much prefer my old '75 Chevy truck that I can fix with some bubble gum and bailing wire if I had to. (Unfortunately I don't carry spare computer brains and such in my toolbox when I am traveling, lol). I had a Chrysler a few years back in the early 90's and the dash was all digital. Well........it went out (twice) and cost $500 to turn it back on each time. Give me plain old gauges and dials....if one of those go out, I am pretty sure I could fix it or replace it without having to tear half the car apart.

300SDude

WiSeGuYY

LOL DUDE , second time i hear this sentence this week, I HATE NEW CARS CAUSE of the computer stuff.

I drive my BMW since 2008 , the big BENZ (w126) in the GARAGE most of the time, i donno what i will do when BLU w116 and RED PIGLET w108 will arrive my garage can't take them all but i'm keeping them. it is fun to work with and i enjoy watching my mechanics when they work on them so far.

meanwhile i don't understand a thing in the beemer nor the new comer w204 the c300 AMG both they must be serviced by the dealers.

To GODFATHER , now you can't claim you don't know EGYPTIANS , now you know one LOL

REGARDS
TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Pimp My Ride was the name of the show, and it mostly aired on MTV. they put a bunch of stupid gadgetry into vehicles that pretty-much would deem it useless as an everyday car. Seriously......why would you put an espresso bar in the trunk........just a bunch of useless stuff I don't see the practicality of having all that crap in a car.
300SDude

Donnie, maaaate, buddy, caro amico!

You obviously don't enjoy a Cappuccino after an early morning drive, or a quick Espresso to 'pick you up' on a long boring motorway journey?

CHEEKYWINKWinCE.jpg

OP
300SDude

300SDude

LOL, I am not a coffee drinker. I love the smell of it, but that's about as far as it goes.

I drink Dr. Pepper, and a lot of it, lol. I drink probably a 2 liter bottle a day. Have always been a soda person since I was a kid. Actually, I am not all that hip on any hot drinks. Occasionally a chai tea or hot apple cider.

The thing most I would like in my 116 is at least ONE drink holder and a trunk release button from inside the car. Other than that, it's perfect the way it is. :)

300SDude

Oversize

Grand Master
OMG HOT apple cider??? Yuk! :eek: Most Aussies love their coffees. I'd have at least 3 or 4 per day. Doesn't your boot unlock with the rest of the car?? I'm sure you could get a TWIN cup holder made to suit....

Styria

The Godfather
Hey Dude, you'll need to make sure that you carry some spare Bubble Gum with you.

Tarek - you Egyption ? Doesn't count as you are too far away from us, but you're close enough to be classified as a friend. :)

Regards Styria