15 x 7" Bundts

More threads by Michel

Des

Interesting point that he mentions is they are made by MB

didn't realise that was the case.

I always thought that 15's were aftermarket.

s class

I don't believe MB made any themselves. The closestyou can get is Fuchs, who I am told were the only manufacturer appointed to officially make 15's for MB. All other 15's are strictly aftermarket.

Des

I don't believe MB made any themselves. The closestyou can get is Fuchs, who I am told were the only manufacturer appointed to officially make 15's for MB. All other 15's are strictly aftermarket.

What cars did MB supply 15 inch Bundt's on?

:confused:

s class

I don't think they were a factory item on any standard production car. I believe they were fitted to special applications like ambulances, armoured cars and other cases where a higher weight carrying capacity was required.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi guys, that's how I understand it to be as well. Another Company that made them was called ARC Alurad and it's that particular Company's 15" Bundts I have shown on the discussion board in another thread. Regards Styria

s class

I have Centra 7x15 et 23's. The Centras are probably the most 'available' of 15's, though I do also see ARC's on ebay from time to time. The genuine Fuchs are super rare and usually priced accordingly. Centras, ARC's and others you will see anything from $1200 to $2000 for sets of 4. I paid I think about euro 125 for a single Centra (needed to complete my set) in a cosmetically poor state. All 4 have now been ultrasonically stripped, and I will do some painting when I'm really bored (you know, after completing the 107's rust repairs, the W140's paintwork, trusty rusty's reassembly etc etc.

Des

Dear Ryan

can you tell me please what is the quality and weight like of the 15's you own?

Are they as heavy and of the same quality of original 14's?

thanks

Kind Regards
Des

P.S. maybe I have missed a post or two but how is operation "move to Australia" coming along?

s class

Des, whilst I haven't actually weighed the 15's, they seem subjectively similar in quality to the 14's - perhaps even more robust if anything. They lack the steel collars for the wheelbolts though.

Move to Australia?

I am still in the process of collecting the necessary paperwork together via our home-affairs office. I have the 450SL and W140 for sale - and I've done a lot of pre-sale preparatory work on both of those. Our investment property is up for sale, but the market is very weak at the moment. The plan is still to make the move in 2009. Prior to that I hope to come on a reconnisaince trip, but I must first sell those 2 cars for cash flow reasons.

I'm attending a 'help you emmigrate to Australia' information workshop on 15 July.

In the meantime I watched some Aus movies - 'The Great Bookie Robbery' - a made for TV mini series that looks like it is to Aus TV what the original 'Italian Job' is to the Brits. Anyhow I now know what falcons and commodores looked like in the 1980's.