work shop clear out

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
:)Some 107 bits lying around and for sale Can't find the parts for sale section ? Is this ok Modulator ?

Good Bonnet off a '85 380SL. ..$ 450
Wax type Aux. Air Valve - 900/1000 RPM cold start, fully closed hot. $ 125 on exchange
As new ,90% aux fan switch single pin type $20
Near new thermostats a 70 % and a 80% $10 each
New 4 speed Automatic Transmission vacuum modulator - Black- $40
Left and Right side plastic grills $25 each

Sean 0418207165 in Sydney:cool:

Styria

The Godfather
Everything's fine, Sean. If you so wish, you may transfer your thread to eBay and trade listings. Good luck with the sale. I am thinking about the warm-up regulator. Regards. Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Hi Styria,
I bought a used regulator so that I could experiment with it before I tackled removing my own. Believe me sorting the regulator was easy compared to R & R of the unit on a 107 with a 110 engine ! Buried under the inlet manifold
I believe I can now set them up to achieve approx. 1000RPM on cold start. Providing that the engine has good compression and is in good state of tune and no vacuum leaks in the system.
I have considered offering an exchange service on them, gives me something to do and may help others out. Buying a used one and crossing your fingers that it is ok could be a more costly excerise
What I have in mind is to ask people to send the old unit with a description of the problem. Maybe on testing there is nothing wrong with it, saves disputes if I'm told the exchange is faulty just like the old one. I believe these Wax Bulb types are common to all early K Jetronic Systems not just Mercs. ? ?
I've been through all this before when I used to recon. Renault Auto Transmission Computers . and that was from so called Professional Work Shops........Sean

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Hi again Styria. please advise time , date and location of the get together.
This week end ? I can bring the refurbished Air Valve along for comment.
.Sean

abl567

Super Moderator
Hi Sean,
GTG is 9th, 10:30 - 11:00am, at my place in East Kurrajong

PM me if you need the Street address

Ant

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, Anthony has beaten me to it - but then again, that's not the first time that he has left me in the lurch. :D I am glad that you are going to be able to make it - I do think that you quite enjoyed the last, and your first, time with us, and this Sunday should be no different. Good people, good food, nothing to talk about (as the women folk would contend), but it's just nice to be among friends. Regards Styria

CraigS

Don't know what I'll be driving ! The 6.3 is most unlikely as the thermostat housing has a crack in it and I am waiting on a replacement from Melbourne. It has also developed a miss, and I can't detect what is causing it. Not fun !

Likewise, I am waiting on a couple of clamps from the UK for the throttle body to intake manifold coupling for the 6.9. Why from the UK you might ask ? Well, they are GBP 1.11 each from the UK and $11.00 from Parramatta ! Even with the postage cost, it is still half the price, and even though it takes more time, it is not like I am in a hurry to complete it.

So, that leaves the roundie, 300E-24, or the newly acquired 300CE-24, which is having it's blue slip done on Thursday. Subject to that outcome, it might be the latter.

See you Sunday !