Very curious 6.9

More threads by s class

OP
s class

s class

.... Maybe the chassis is in good condition (with rare options?).

even more reason to stay with a 6.9 block and not some unusual hybrid.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I think he would combinate the fabulous suspension with the most economical machine. Maybe the chassis is in good condition (with rare options?).

I guess with the cost of petrol in Germany, one can understand the 'need' to switch to the much cheaper and more fuel efficient diesel :eek:

Des

I guess with the cost of petrol in Germany, one can understand the 'need' to switch to the much cheaper and more fuel efficient diesel :eek:

There is also very strict emissions tests on cars as well, although it would be a toss up which polutes more a 6.9 or a dirty old diesel motor.

(no I am not bashing diesel motors, they do have their merits)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
There is also very strict emissions tests on cars as well, although it would be a toss up which polutes more a 6.9 or a dirty old diesel motor.

(no I am not bashing diesel motors, they do have their merits)

You're right though... the older diesel were more pollutants than we care to remember because the 'newer' ones are relatively clean. ;)

W

Wolfgang

A reason could be, the owner has oldtimer plates (in Germany we called this 07-plates). You can use the plates for every car in your collection. You need no technical inspection (MOT) and the car must be only roadworthy. The cost are about 200,- Euro tax + 150,- Euro insurance (year).

The 07-plates look like this

9dc3af00.jpg

The disadvantage is, you can use the 07-registration only for journeys to the car workshop, for test drives and journeys to club meetings.

But a few people ignore this condition and used the plates for cars which they drive regular.
So the age from the cars (you can register) was lifted from 20 to 30 Years last year. :rolleyes:
Many cars from 1977 up to the middle ninties you must now registrate regulary. And that costs -> green tax!